C. Heating On Or Off During The Night?

In this cold weather, do you leave your central heating on low, throughout the night and at what temperature? 

Off.

That's what duvets are for!

14 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

In this cold weather, do you leave your central heating on low, throughout the night and at what temperature? 

What cold weather ?

Heating on during the night ?

Heating on in January ?

Hot water bottle 1/2 hour before bed is my only concession to HTSBO :hihi: .

It'll be, 'do you have the lights on while watching Television' next :loopy:.

Keep safe out there 8) .

My house is 6yr old. Condensing Boiler starts at 7am for two hours then again at 5pm until 8pm. I have solar hot water and I live in the south west of England which may be a contributing factor.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

It'll be, 'do you have the lights on while watching Television' next :loopy:.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Do you flush the loo if its just yellow?

I have recently started leaving the CH on but setting it at 17 during the night, which means its hardly on.

I did that because I could not get the house warm during the day, when I am home.

The radiator in my bedroom is switched off 24/7

Edited by El Cid

13 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have recently started leaving the CH on but setting it at 17 during the night, which means its hardly on.

I did that because I could not get the house warm during the day, when I am home.

The radiator in my bedroom is switched off 24/7

Er - No :loopy: flush every time & wash my own hands (Biker not hippy) :hihi: .

Save the planet ✔️ save yer own **** 

Did find this little gem on't net El Cid.

Why flush it when you can use it to power your cell phone? In Nigeria, four girls created a pee-powered generator that can generate six hours of electricity with one liter of urine. It separates out the hydrogen in urine, removes the moisture, and pushes the hydrogen gas into the generator. Similarly, scientists in Singapore created a battery that is activated by biofluids like urine and can be used to power devices that test for diseases.

Why would anyone want the heating on in't bedroom?

You go t' bed you go t' sleep.

Keep safe out there 8) .

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

we're old so  just have it on for a couple of hours during the mornings and evening house stays pretty warm, our tenants have theirs on 24hr which seems to make for arguments between 2 of the 3 tenants , I've only refereed once told them they have to settle it between themselves as adults, I've  not heard from them since oct 2021 so must have sorted.

Even during summer they had heating on, I used to turn it off on visits there I was due to decorate kitchen and lounge, but paint was like cream cheese after 2 minutes on the wall.

all under 25 and about as green as the current kitchen on climate change.

13 minutes ago, steve68 said:

we're old so  just have it on for a couple of hours during the mornings and evening house stays pretty warm, our tenants have theirs on 24hr which seems to make for arguments between 2 of the 3 tenants , I've only refereed once told them they have to settle it between themselves as adults, I've  not heard from them since oct 2021 so must have sorted.

Even during summer they had heating on, I used to turn it off on visits there I was due to decorate kitchen and lounge, but paint was like cream cheese after 2 minutes on the wall.

all under 25 and about as green as the current kitchen on climate change.

Sounds like they haven't all adjusted to a 'parents no longer pay the bills' mindset. :)

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Did find this little gem on't net El Cid.

A good read about keen science students but, sadly, it uses more power to extract the hydrogen than the generator produces.

Could still be worthwhile if using scavenged batteries for that power source.

Edited by cgksheff

Just now, altus said:

Sounds like they haven't all adjusted to a 'parents no longer pay the bills' mindset. :)

they really haven't, i felt for the carpet fitter last year, I'd  never seen anyone sweat so bad, and I had turned the heating off an hour earlier.

Leave the heating on all night? 

Are you nesh?