Beatles Concert 9th Nov. 1964

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has got (knows anyone who has got) any photos from the Beatles concert, that took place in the City hall on the 9th November 1964. 

Thank you very much for any feedback

I tried registering on sheffieldhistory, but it is impossible to do so.

love to see all them famous bands photos on display ,that would be great

Shame there were no IPhones then !!

Im kidding seriously.

Mind you, screaming and using your phone is quite an art.

I was there 

Dont think I heard a song they played . It was manic 

Yeah, I can imagine it was pretty wild :D Was there an autograph session afterwards do you think? Or do you know anyone who had a camera and shot some stuff there?

Thanks for your reply :) 

Edited by BeatlesFan

16 minutes ago, BeatlesFan said:

Yeah, I can imagine it was pretty wild :D Was there an autograph session afterwards do you think? Or do you know anyone who had a camera and shot some stuff there?

Thanks for your reply :) 

If you go on Sheffield History ( you don’t have to be a member) and search the Beatles in Sheffield, you can read an opening post from 2007 that tells it all very much how I remember it

If the concert was the one featuring Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers, Vernon Girls, Frank Berry and the Kestrals I have an original programme. The cover is a bit worn but inside good. I also have an original photo of the four sat on sofas inside the City Hall. Unfortunately no autographs, but wonder if they are worth anything?

30 minutes ago, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

If the concert was the one featuring Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers, Vernon Girls, Frank Berry and the Kestrals I have an original programme. The cover is a bit worn but inside good. I also have an original photo of the four sat on sofas inside the City Hall. Unfortunately no autographs, but wonder if they are worth anything?

Apparently this was 2 Nov 1963.

I saw them each time they came during a comparatively short period.

That’s why it’s hard to remember which was which

The first time I saw them they closed the first half of the show.

Helen Shapiro was the main act 

Yeah, this relates to 2nd November 1963. Thank you, but I am looking for 9th November 1964.

PS: Everything is worth something :)  

On 13/01/2022 at 17:15, Dreb48 said:

If you go on Sheffield History ( you don’t have to be a member) and search the Beatles in Sheffield, you can read an opening post from 2007 that tells it all very much how I remember it

Unfortunately, I did not find it.

Edited by BeatlesFan

Hi Suzy 

I’ve got the programme in a box somewhere.

Unfortuately I cut most of the Beatles pics out of it , cos , as you say , they were just breaking and the press and mags weren’t awash with photos of them yet.

I had the ticket stub stuck to the front I’m sure.
Think it was 8/6.

Got detention for sneaking out of school ( King Teds) at lunchtime to get our tickets from Wilson Pecks 

On 14/01/2022 at 11:58, Dreb48 said:

Apparently this was 2 Nov 1963.

I saw them each time they came during a comparatively short period.

That’s why it’s hard to remember which was which

The first time I saw them they closed the first half of the show.

Helen Shapiro was the main act 

the Helen Shapiro tour featuring the Beatles as second billing at Sheffield City Hall was in March 1963.

3 minutes ago, St Petre said:

the Helen Shapiro tour featuring the Beatles as second billing at Sheffield City Hall was in March 1963.

Yes that’s right 

My initial comment was with regard to the concert that featured Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers and the Vernons Girls which was later that year

1 hour ago, Dreb48 said:

Yes that’s right 

My initial comment was with regard to the concert that featured Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers and the Vernons Girls which was later that year

Also on the Helen Shapiro tour was Kenny Lynch and Irish comedian Dave Allen was the compere.