M&S Change Name Of Sweets Over Fears The Name Is Offensive.

As from the end of this century,The Oxford dictionary has made the decision to consist of a front cover only with no contents.This decision has been called for as 99.9 % of the contents will have offended someone and the .1 % will be found offensive to someone else at a later date.Communication from then onwards will consist of grunts like the cavemen days of OG and UG.

21 hours ago, trastrick said:

Thorntons was the posh stuff that aunties would bring up from downtown.

We got the cheap stuff from the corner shop.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSSnbKTVPdUMfVgCrR5Cz

Used to call in Thortons Cabin on the way to the Gaumont Flicks just up the road.  

2 hours ago, scottcross said:

As from the end of this century,The Oxford dictionary has made the decision to consist of a front cover only with no contents.This decision has been called for as 99.9 % of the contents will have offended someone and the .1 % will be found offensive to someone else at a later date.Communication from then onwards will consist of grunts like the cavemen days of OG and UG.

I’m offended, what about the cavewomen, cavetrans, cavewhatever? Didn’t they speak

The schoolgirls now are getting so tall these days that I'm thinking of changing my name to Gidget (film)  at 5' 4 and a half inches  I was considered tall back in the day,  do men feel the same about being shorter than the modern males?

Thanks to diet improvement after the war, my 5 year younger brother is a couple of inches taller than me.

Our kids are even taller still.

In my semi retirement we taught ESL at Polish high schools, after The Wall came down. On Parents Day, the mothers were tiny babushkas, while their children were tall, beautiful and athletic.

Amazing what a proper diet can do in just 10 years.

On 20/01/2022 at 19:58, trastrick said:

Thorntons was the posh stuff that aunties would bring up from downtown.

We got the cheap stuff from the corner shop.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSSnbKTVPdUMfVgCrR5Cz

Ooh, that brings back some memories.

“Highland toffee - A taste of Scotland”

Those damned Scotch!

Edited by The Joker

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Thanks to diet improvement after the war, my 5 year younger brother is a couple of inches taller than me.

Our kids are even taller still.

In my semi retirement we taught ESL at Polish high schools, after The Wall came down. On Parents Day, the mothers were tiny babushkas, while their children were tall, beautiful and athletic.

Amazing what a proper diet can do in just 10 years.

Have you noticed how tall many of the Chinese students are in Sheffield?  Clearly a generation fed better than their grandparents / parents. 

2 hours ago, cressida said:

The schoolgirls now are getting so tall these days that I'm thinking of changing my name to Gidget (film)  at 5' 4 and a half inches  I was considered tall back in the day,  do men feel the same about being shorter than the modern males?

The half inch is very important 😉😉😉😉

19 minutes ago, Meltman said:

The half inch is very important 😉😉😉😉

So Ive heard 😀

11 hours ago, cressida said:

Yes the kids are definitely getting taller and maturing faster. I’m about 5’6” and my mates daughter who’s 12 is only a couple of inches shorter than me. Another mates daughter is only 10 and she is actually taller than me and would almost pass as a full grown woman. My lad has been taller than me from being a teenager as are most of the schoolboys round here. I’m not convinced that this is just down to diet unless food additives spur growth. I consider myself lucky that my OH comes from a generation that was actually taught how to cook. I don’t see how the pizza/pasta generation somehow have a better diet.