M&S Change Name Of Sweets Over Fears The Name Is Offensive.

M & S have decided to change the name of Midget Gems sweets to mini gems amid fears that it is offensive to people with dwarfism. These sweets have been sold for many years, I remember buying them over 50 years ago at the sweet shop at lunchtimes on the way back to school. It seems that these days people are getting softer and look for something to be offended by, I wonder what other food items will be renamed, I read kaffir lime leaves were being relabelled by one retailer. Isn't being offended by things like this just drawing attention to them, I imagine the majority of people have never even thought about dwarfism when buying them.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/other/marks-spencer-changes-name-of-midget-gems-sweets-over-fears-it-is-offensive/ar-AASHI2U?ocid=msedgntp

7 minutes ago, iansheff said:

M & S have decided to change the name of Midget Gems sweets to mini gems amid fears that it is offensive to people with dwarfism. 

That's OK. You can register your disapproval by not buying them.

Seems fair enough to me. We are after all living in 2022. Society has changed and as its not polite to refer to a little person as a midget, the name of the sweets should change to reflect modern values. 

Looks like I'll have to rename my MG Midget! Any suggestions?

As for the River ISIS!   A good name would be The River Crisis!  after all it does flow past The Houses of  Parliament.

Guest sibon
30 minutes ago, bassett one said:

madness,but its sign of the times

That was Prince.

Or, Baggy Trousers.

Depending upon your point of view.

Again more mis info ,you scamp 

Belle Stars

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Again more mis info ,you scamp 

Belle Stars

Busted

What the 90s boy band!

Shame on you for adding them to the thread

I presume that ‘GOB STOPPERS’ were some sort of throwback to the torture chamber!!!