Parties At No.10 During Lockdown

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

This is why I stopped voting, as an imperfect person I don’t feel justified to demand perfection from a complete stranger, I was five before I discovered that my grandfather was not the Cisco Kid.

A stranger who has put themselves in a position of trust and responsibility. It's not like we are asking them to do anything difficult, it's just not going to an after-work garden party, like millions of others managed perfectly well during that period. I myself, being a paragon of virtue, didn't attend any after work garden parties at all last year. I attended a good number of pub visits after work, once rules about pubs and mixing were relaxed. It wasn't in any way difficult.

21 hours ago, crookesey said:

This is why I stopped voting, as an imperfect person I don’t feel justified to demand perfection from a complete stranger, I was five before I discovered that my grandfather was not the Cisco Kid.

I appreciate you feeling that way. I think we all do sometimes. But our voting system, imperfect as it is, is the only way we have of holding our politicians to account. And frankly, the only thing they care about. Threaten them with losing their seat and they suddenly spring into action.

Nobody expects perfection of them, but honesty and a bit of integrity is not too much to ask surely?

Not voting just gives them carte blanche to get away with murder.

So now that everyone knows what the government actually thinks about the effectiveness of lockdowns im surprised that people are still wearing the masks 😁

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Jack Grey

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well there we go, turns out that she did.

Kate Josephs: Ex-Covid taskforce chief and Sheffield Council CEO 'truly sorry' for Cabinet Office drinks

Sheffield Council’s chief executive has admitted she attended her own leaving drinks in the Cabinet Office while strict lockdown restrictions were in place.

Kate Josephs was the Director General of the Cabinet Office Covid Taskforce which was responsible for drawing up Covid-19 rules before she took up the Sheffield Council top job in January 2021.

She made the revelation about the party just before Christmas 2020 in an online post yesterday following a week of nationwide outrage focused on the Downing Street party scandals.

She said: “On the evening of December 17, I gathered with colleagues that were at work that day, with drinks, in our office in the Cabinet Office, to mark my leaving the Civil Service.

"I am truly sorry that I did this and for the anger that people will feel as a result.

"Sheffield has suffered greatly during the pandemic and I apologise unreservedly."

She said the event – which took place a day before a Number 10 Christmas party - would be considered in the context of the Cabinet Office investigation but that she did not attend any events at Downing Street.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson apologised earlier this week after admitting he too attended a gathering, at Downing Street.

On December 17, 2020, the country was subject to a tiered system of lockdown restrictions that affected people mixing and businesses being open.

London was in tier three – which meant people were banned from mixing with anyone from outside their own household or support bubble. Work Christmas lunches or parties were not permitted.

A source told the Sheffield Telegraph last year that Kate Josephs had attended a party when lockdown restrictions were in place in December 2020.

But in response to our enquiries Sheffield Council said she ‘categorically did not attend a party at Downing Street.’

Journalists at The Star also made enquiries and were given a similar response. A picture Kate Josephs posted on Twitter on December 18, 2020, to mark her final day in Government shows her standing outside 10 Downing Street.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/kate-josephs-ex-covid-taskforce-chief-and-sheffield-council-ceo-truly-sorry-for-cabinet-office-drinks-3528197

Guest busdriver1
31 minutes ago, The Joker said:

A picture Kate Josephs posted on Twitter on December 18, 2020, to mark her final day in Government shows her standing outside 10 Downing Street.

Sorry but she is a politician, do you expect honesty and integrity from them?

Just now, busdriver1 said:

Sorry but she is a politician, do you expect honesty and integrity from them?

Well no, she is a civil servant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-60001927

More sleaze vicar?

On 13/01/2022 at 14:01, crookesey said:

Hand on heart, would you feel the same if the Labour leader had partaken in a nibble and a gargle following a party meeting?

Yes - any MP who breaks the law should go - no matter who and what law... they are meant to be role models for the rest of the population and shouldn't live by the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra that that buffoon Boris does.

On 13/01/2022 at 14:01, crookesey said:

Hand on heart, would you feel the same if the Labour leader had partaken in a nibble and a gargle following a party meeting?

The picture is now out there.

Absolutely disgusting!

I wonder how the OP had a spot on suspicion about this? I'd never even heard of her until I read this thread. 

I agree - it is disgusting!!!

Can we somehow start a petition to get her out?

I dont't want SCC leadesr who invent the rules for others and then don't follow the rules themselves thinking they are above the law.

They are not!

2 minutes ago, ooops said:

I agree - it is disgusting!!!

Can we somehow start a petition to get her out?

I dont't want SCC leadesr who invent the rules for others and then don't follow the rules themselves thinking they are above the law.

They are not!

put a link to it, when you've done it