Gas Fire Removal / Open Fire Or Log Burner Install

Please feel free to move this post if it is in the wrong place

Looking for someone to remove our gas fire, inspect the flue & replace with an open fire or log burner if open fire is not suitable - anyone got any recommendations? I've tried Oakbrook (too busy) & Nether Edge Stoves (never replied after showing an initial interest)

Thanks

We used Hearths and Homes around 8 years ago who took out our gas fire and fitted a wood burner we have never had a problem they are located just off London road hope this helps.

whoever you choose make sure you get a HETAS certificate.

Cheers AW - much appreciated

Cheers everyone - much appreciated

I'd think twice before I installed one.

In the not too distant future I can see a tax on these high polluting burners as they are just not efficient, nor good for the environment.

I'm sure I saw an article about this recently.

its nailed on there will be a tax on wood burners not because of any of the above its because its free fuel and the government dont like that, the burners are not polluting at all its what you put on them.

If you use well seasoned wood there is not a problem so it is the coal that is the problem but the government wont stop selling that because it makes money, take a look at rural France nearly every home has a burner and they have the clearest skies and an abundance of flora and fauna, you make up your own minds but for me if you are responsible they are well worth it at the moment.

I thought they had been banned now. Could be wrong but one of our neighbours who has one was saying they will have to change to the new type of boiler because his log burner was, either banned or about to be, unless he has it wrong.

I'd try and talk to people who've got them before you jump, a friend of mine has one and it seems to me you need industrial amounts of wood to get through a winter, half his yard is taken up with logs under plastic sheeting to keep it dry.