Sheffield Caz - Ditch The Car For A Bike Circus

19 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Sheffield United will wear anything to take the attention away from the fact that they are so ****e 

🤣  🤣  🤣

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Sheffield United will wear anything to take the attention away from the fact that they are so ****e 

Not very flattering . Why have they got walnuts in their underneath pants ?

Edited by hackey lad

30 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not very flattering . Why have they got walnuts in their underneath pants ?

Thats not walnuts...thats the side effects of being doubled vaccinated 😁

Read the small print

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Thats not walnuts...thats the side effects of being doubled vaccinated 😁

Read the small print

Oops , too late for me then .

The problem with Sheffield's roads for cyclists v. motorists is the fact that they wind their way through valleys and up and down hills... not many straight lines as opposed to a lot of other cities.

Narrower more winding roads is a problem for us all.

12 hours ago, darylslinn said:

The problem with Sheffield's roads for cyclists v. motorists is the fact that they wind their way through valleys and up and down hills... not many straight lines as opposed to a lot of other cities.

Narrower more winding roads is a problem for us all.

We can only be dictated by the lay of the land and whether it is wide, straight, narrow or up cyclist's just have to do what is best to get from A to B.

This should not be a problem for motorists all they need is a bit of patients and pass when it is safe to do so.

On 12/01/2022 at 07:58, Cody's Granddad said:

We can only be dictated by the lay of the land and whether it is wide, straight, narrow or up

I would say it is dictated by the infrastructure, education and enforcement of road users. 

Everyone who has a responsibility to road safety had blood on their hands from day one with the rate of accidents across Sheffield.

I don't see any councillor campaigning for safer roads across their area using the statistics publicly available from the government or from countless University studies for accidents and pollution.

The new Highway Code rules become law at the end of January and I can see many accidents happening through those who have a right to use the new rules and those that are ignorant to the new rules doing as they always have done at the expense of more vulnerable road users like motor cyclists, cyclists and pedestrians.

The rules changed are 1, 5, 8, 13, 19, 52, 59, 61, 62, 63, 66, 67, 69, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 125, 140, 144, 151, 160, 163, 167, 170, 178, 183, 186, 187, 192, 195, 199, 204, 206, 211, 212, 213, 215, 239, Annex 1 and Annex 6

If we want cleaner air then fossil fuels are the obvious target at a personal level and that means cutting down on gas, petrol and diesel. 

If bad car drivers have their licence removed after 12 points as they should and not be able to plead hardship then they can still use public transport or a bike.

A driving licence is a privilege and not a right and if you are not responsible to hold that privilege then it should be removed.

On 10/01/2022 at 20:42, The Joker said:

Can’t help but think this coincided with Theresa Mayhem sacking 20,000 Police officers . . .

I know that Sheffield has always had idiotic drivers, but the stupidity, entitlement and dangerous driving on the streets of Sheffield seen has increased considerably in the last decade, and I’ve not been stopped once in the last 5 years.  

Looks like the BBC Panorama people have been listening. Richard Bilton investigates the increased risks we face when we get behind the wheel of a car and asks whether weaker policing could be to blame.

Tonight 7.30 PM BBC1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0013mvc

Edited by Findlay