Sheffield Caz - Ditch The Car For A Bike Circus

Glad it is finally getting recognised that the standard of driving on public roads in Sheffield has reached an all time low.

BBC Radio Sheffield this morning aired an interview by Jenny Eells with guest Ann Greggs  who we all know by her screaming during a very intimidating close pass from a road surfacing lorry last year as she cycled along Carlisle Street. Luckily she is ok and continuing to document the low level of driving standards by our workforce making routine journeys.

Toby Foster interviewed Douglas Johnson who is the Executive Member for Climate Change, Environment and Transport in Sheffield. Mr Johnson described Sheffield's roads as a difficult, dangerous and hostile environment. He admitted there is a massive problem with roads in Sheffield and that there could be more cycle lanes. Toby said that he would not let his kids on the roads to school because it is too dangerous.

BBC Radio Sheffield Toby Foster 10/01/22  Ann Greggs 1:15 to 1:28 and Douglas Johnson 2:21 to 2:28 

I would like to see the 12 point system being just that. If you haven't learnt by then  you shouldn't be on the roads. Glad to see life sentences are now possible for taking a life on the roads. SAFE ROADS FOR SAFE ROAD USERS

Edited by Findlay

53 minutes ago, Findlay said:

Glad it is finally getting recognised that the standard of driving on public roads in Sheffield has reached an all time low.

Can’t help but think this coincided with Theresa Mayhem sacking 20,000 Police officers . . .

I know that Sheffield has always had idiotic drivers, but the stupidity, entitlement and dangerous driving on the streets of Sheffield seen has increased considerably in the last decade, and I’ve not been stopped once in the last 5 years.  

Cyclist should pay a road tax and be insured. The tax would help improve safety for cyclists. I'm not a fan of those who don't contribute complaining about services. Cough up and help towards costs.

14 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Cyclist should pay a road tax and be insured. The tax would help improve safety for cyclists. I'm not a fan of those who don't contribute complaining about services. Cough up and help towards costs.

You are a moron and should wear a special shirt stating as much.

17 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Do you think motorists should also pay a 'road tax'?

2 minutes ago, Norbert said:

You are a moron and should wear a special shirt stating as much.

I'm not the one who rides a bike in the cold and rain in lycra. Very fetching. 

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Do you think motorists should also pay a 'road tax'?

We do

He's just cruising for a bite Norbet, don't listen to him.

He will find that this is about CAR DRIVERS moving to using a bicycle to improve air quality and quality of life. 

anyway, it has been proved that cyclists make better drivers because of faster reaction times, greater hazard perception and local road knowledge.

5 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

We do

No, you don't.

Maybe you're confusing it with 'Vehicle Excise Duty'?

Do you think the cycle tax should be based on emissions, like the car one is?

Edited by onewheeldave

Are Sheffield roads more dangerous than any other City / Town / Village / Country road ?

Simple answer  - No.

Are they any less dangerous - No.

None of us need telling, no matter where or what we drive / ride, you have to have your wits about you.

I hate the "never trust a Volvo / BMW / Bus driver / Cab driver" nonsense - don't trust anyone.

Keep safe out there 8) 

2 minutes ago, Findlay said:

I know perfectly well that they and others don't even believe in their own postings, they are just tragic people who should seek professional help, and wear a special shirt.

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No, you don't.

Maybe you're confusing it with 'Vehicle Excise Duty'?

Do you think the cycle tax should be based on emissions, like the car one is?

No it should be based on how offended I am by their clothes or skinny arses waddling from side to side when they go up a hill at 3 miles per hour.

2 minutes ago, Norbert said:

I know perfectly well that they and others don't even believe in their own postings, they are just tragic people who should seek professional help, and wear a special shirt.

You should all be arrested for crimes against humanity.

How To Pick The Right Bike Shorts - I Love Bicycling

12 minutes ago, Findlay said:

He will find that this is about CAR DRIVERS moving to using a bicycle to improve air quality and quality of life. 

anyway, it has been proved that cyclists make better drivers because of faster reaction times, greater hazard perception and local road knowledge.

It doesn't improve air quality. All the cars during rush hour get slowed down while some hippy toodles along to his allotment.

4 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

No it should be based on how offended I am by their clothes or skinny arses waddling from side to side when they go up a hill at 3 miles per hour.

You should all be arrested for crimes against humanity.

How To Pick The Right Bike Shorts - I Love Bicycling

Stop staring at their arses; we all know you’re  into some bum fun.