Identify An Area To Plant Trees, Near Parking Area.

I have quite a few woodland trees that need to go in the ground. I'm looking for a location where I can park up close to the planting area. I have about 50 or more to plant, hence the need for being close to the planting area. I can only carry about 4 trees at a time, and that is not considering the spade.

I'd really like to get them in as soon as I can,  before the regular watering season of May onwards, and before they outgrow the 3Lt pots that they are in.

I don't mind loading the car up and driving in to the Sheffield areas, or any other suitable location for this.   Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Janus said:

I have quite a few woodland trees that need to go in the ground. I'm looking for a location where I can park up close to the planting area. I have about 50 or more to plant, hence the need for being close to the planting area. I can only carry about 4 trees at a time, and that is not considering the spade.

I'd really like to get them in as soon as I can,  before the regular watering season of May onwards, and before they outgrow the 3Lt pots that they are in.

I don't mind loading the car up and driving in to the Sheffield areas, or any other suitable location for this.   Thanks.

I applaud you for taking the time.

I've planted a few trees in my time, and volunteered weekends.

Should be part of an education curriculum, get the kids outside amongst nature! Farm visits too!

And, It's politically correct!

28 minutes ago, Janus said:

scc parks would love them and maybe collect for there parks,i think we would like some at greenhill park pm me if intrested

@trastrick

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Appreciated.

@bassett one

Thank you for telling me about this opportunity. I will PM.

Surely you can’t just rock up and plant trees anywhere, if at all, without some sort of authorisation and permission?

11 minutes ago, Happ said:

Surely you can’t just rock up and plant trees anywhere, if at all, without some sort of authorisation and permission?

Relax!

Janus is just asking for "a suitable location".

10 minutes ago, Happ said:

I see self-seeded trees in some areas, depending on the location, they just grow or are cut down.

4 hours ago, Janus said:

@trastrick

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Appreciated.

@bassett one

Thank you for telling me about this opportunity. I will PM.

hi answered your pm,no problem,please note we have all permision via SCC parks and we have done other work and mr hunter and doctor richard,and myself will be happy to work with you thanks

Have initiated contact with your contact Mr Hunter. Thank you for your help.

Guest sibon

Excellent work folks. Great to see some trees getting planted.

@Janus, how on Earth did you come into posession of so many trees?

1 hour ago, Janus said:

Have initiated contact with your contact Mr Hunter. Thank you for your help.

i hope we can help you achieve your wishes and we can add to our conservation areas,hope to meet you along the journey of the life of the trees

15 hours ago, sibon said:

Excellent work folks. Great to see some trees getting planted.

@Janus, how on Earth did you come into posession of so many trees?

Thank you for your interest Sibon. 

From a child I was fascinated  with seeds and what they can turn in to. Sowing  water cress in little trays in the house, and Radishes in the garden for my grandmother. So from that time I had the bug.

I moved to an area where there were lots of mature trees around. Inevitably there would be a conker tree popping up in the lawn, courtesy of the local squirels. I would pot up whatever trees I saw growing, and began collecting tree seeds and sowing them.

Over 200  have gone in the ground so far. But walking up and down the steep embankment   to access the planting area was not ideal. Now there is a fix for  that. Bassett 1 has created an opportunity for me  to drive right up to a  planting area in Sheffield , and it will no longer be just me & my spade. ☺🌳🌳