Sainsbury's Crystal Peaks.

We can address those all you like, the point stands, an extra TEN yards is trivial compared to the few hundred walked around a supermarket.

Anything else? Maybe we can find out why someone who hasnt driven there would be using the top doors.

Edited by HeHasRisen

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

We can address those all you like, the point stands, an extra TEN yards is trivial compared to the few hundred walked around a supermarket.

Anything else? Maybe we can find out why someone who hasnt driven there would be using the top doors.

Maybe used a Parachute. :hihi:

5 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

It's not just about how far it is to walk but, 10 yards can be a long way to people who are elderly, infirm, and disabled.

It shows a lack of thought and care for their customers and whoever decides on this should have a bit more brain power than this.

We ARE used to fit and healthy members of the public taking this condescending attitude.

I am elderly and disabled but I understand the need to put these measures in place. And if people can walk around a store collecting their goods then what is 10 yards more?

I went there the other day. The barrier forces everyone to use the external entrance to Sainsburys. I can only assume that the people making a fuss on this thread don't know how little extra distance that is, or the fact that if you actually used the many more disabled parking spaces (18? 20?) in the car park next to Sainsburys or McDonalds you'd have equal or less distance to walk than using the tiny amount (4) of disabled spaces on the top car park deck.

If it's raining you'd get wet either way, so that's not much of an argument.

Up untill a short time ago anyone arriving at Sainsburys Archer Road by bus had to walk near on a quarter mile to the entrance via the massive car park because the short footbridge from the bus stop was shut off, then same on the way out,

On 08/01/2022 at 10:12, spilldig said:

Up untill a short time ago anyone arriving at Sainsburys Archer Road by bus had to walk near on a quarter mile to the entrance via the massive car park because the short footbridge from the bus stop was shut off, then same on the way out,

Like Crystal peaks - no doubt that it was for 'your' Covid safety eh ? .....  then you get pneumonia as you take the detour !

On 07/01/2022 at 17:06, the_bloke said:

I went there the other day. The barrier forces everyone to use the external entrance to Sainsburys. I can only assume that the people making a fuss on this thread don't know how little extra distance that is, or the fact that if you actually used the many more disabled parking spaces (18? 20?) in the car park next to Sainsburys or McDonalds you'd have equal or less distance to walk than using the tiny amount (4) of disabled spaces on the top car park deck.

If it's raining you'd get wet either way, so that's not much of an argument.

Gotcha thanks .. for picking up on this.. but nothing to do with parking or disabled - the original issue - was that one has to leave the warmth of Crystal peaks shopping - then get cold  and rained on in order to get into Sainsburys... when t'uther week you could walk straight in from the trolley corridor...  

On 07/01/2022 at 17:06, the_bloke said:

11 hours ago, oscar2157 said:

Like Crystal peaks - no doubt that it was for 'your' Covid safety eh ? .....  then you get pneumonia as you take the detour !

Yes covid.  I think one reason they re-opened it was because people couldn't be bothered to walk round and started using Aldi which is right there.

On 07/01/2022 at 10:51, onewheeldave said:

Typical ableist attitude :(

The point is that these detours are totally unecessary and are nothing more than pathetic covid virtue signalling that should no longer be happening.

Totally agree,  no thought for the Elderly  and Disabled.  Much like the "Brainwave" in the City Centre stopping the Buses running along Pinstone Street, it's a major detour from the available bus stops now..   Shocking decision !!

Just to add a thought. I have severe breathing problems. While I manage ok indoors, be it home or shop, as soon as I get outside in the cold I really do suffer. 10 yards is nothing to most people but for me it really would be an ordeal. Please try and think beyond yourself and what you can do.

I wonder how many people whinging about the 10 extra steps it takes to get into Sainsbury's outside quite happily walk outside the centre and round the corner to get into M&S on a frequent basis.

It is the the absolute minor of inconveniences. Can we get a grip here. Those who have genuine disability or infirm will simply use the disabled parking and go straight into the store as they would in any event.

I've heard of first world problems but this is absolutely ridiculous.

On 13/01/2022 at 14:00, ECCOnoob said:

I wonder how many people whinging about the 10 extra steps it takes to get into Sainsbury's outside quite happily walk outside the centre and round the corner to get into M&S on a frequent basis.

It is the the absolute minor of inconveniences. Can we get a grip here. Those who have genuine disability or infirm will simply use the disabled parking and go straight into the store as they would in any event.

I've heard of first world problems but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Howdy'... ...... this here Sainsbury's  thing..  is not about - the distance -  parking - ability - infirm or disabilty..  it's because a usually well used direct route to a store - has suddenly been blocked off.......  as they say     ''well,  it's for your safety innit''   🙂