Sheffield City Council

Had to break in (emergency council home ) smashed glass top panel  door but with it been a upvc door it’s cracked the welded joints so basically the door is now useless ,will not open  so reported by police for us ,the same day it was boarded up to make safe temp fix ,fine,2 days later  one bloke out to measure up thought he was measuring up for new door  ,few days later ,now they are sending glazers to replace the glass only in a clapped out door explained but say they are firstly replacing glass ,? so up to now one bloke to board one bloke to measure and 2 blokes with glass and still require a door ,seriously I see why this council waste so much money embarrassing and still wants a new door 

Edited by jacklev1
Missed info

It seems people  never seem to talk to each other these days. It's rife across all businesses and companies. We have never had so many ways of getting in touch, but never face to face or even by phone, which would sort out a lot of these problems before they arise. 

1 hour ago, jacklev1 said:

Had to break in (emergency council home ) smashed glass top panel  door but with it been a upvc door it’s cracked the welded joints so basically the door is now useless ,will not open  so reported by police for us ,the same day it was boarded up to make safe temp fix ,fine,2 days later  one bloke out to measure up thought he was measuring up for new door  ,few days later ,now they are sending glazers to replace the glass only in a clapped out door explained but say they are firstly replacing glass ,? so up to now one bloke to board one bloke to measure and 2 blokes with glass and still require a door ,seriously I see why this council waste so much money embarrassing and still wants a new door 

I wish you the best of luck because we reported our U.P.V.C. door was leaking and flooding the downstairs toilet and pantry. 3 blokes came to measure it up and said they would be in touch when the door was ready. After 2 more gangs of men came to measure the door at intervals of a couple of months we still have not got the door sorted. this all began last March. Trying to get in touch with the repairs department is a waste of time, I was number 41 in the queue the last time I called them.

i was told by someone on here how the staff & scc are so fantastic ,i agree with you, did get my doors after 3 years of flooding .but i rang and left the phone on loud speaker and just waited,shoddy is my experiance , living on the excuse of all  staff at home due to covid.

Annual gas servicing seems to be the latest to go to pot. For 6 years as a SCC tenant  I received an appointment letter, rang to rearrange or identify a am/pm slot. Engineer arrived as booked, service completed. This year engineer arrived with no warning, just as I was leaving for appointment, he told me I was the 3 rd person that morning who had not been expecting him and new system to blame. Snotty letter received, saying I’d not granted access and giving another appointment yesterday-no one came. Rang today and told new system allocated to off sick engineer, staff can’t access this info and would be too busy to ring customers. Re-arranged for Monday am, 15 mins later another call telling me I’d missed a 2nd appointment and needed to rebook. All contacts blame new system ‘bedding in’ with no sign of an apology. As granting access is a condition of tenancy the implementation of this new system is worrying 

COVID 19 is the best excuse that normally hit and miss organisations have ever had to move over to total miss.

Wish I could get the council to put us a new door U.P.V.C.  door in. Trouble is we own the house so we have to do it.

Spilldig why would the council fit you a new door if you own your own property ?read the first post

Edited by jacklev1

44 minutes ago, jacklev1 said:

Spilldig why would the council fit you a new door if you own your own property ?read the first post

Just making the point that anyone forking out a mortgage has to pay for the repairs as well so perhaps have a bit more patience with the council especially now as they must be having many problems with covid on the go.

42 minutes ago, jacklev1 said:

Why not? They could then charge at the hourly rate, with their habit of sending half the total work force, it could subsidise future council works substantially.

Well said pal, never thought of it that way 

Edited by jacklev1

housing by scc is a mess, more staff than needed ,set on loads of staff to visit homes every year ,then find out they cannot visit without a invite ,so ask then if we would like them to visit ,what a waste of money, why not check first, the idea was good, see if anyone was doing anything illegal or did a oap  need help, but to set on then find out these people couldnt do the job intended was a waste.then scc decided to use them to settle tennants disputes with  other tennants that failed,so what are all these staff doing now?