Good Morning, Scraping The Barrel.

I personally can't see owt wrong with Patricia's post,  it's true,  people working from home should be doing exactly that, not watching telly, the skiving sods.   :roll:

At its best it’s scraping the barrel.

Awful tv with awful presenters.

I think they are scraping the barrel a lot these days with their celebrity this and celebrity that shows,  a lot of which have people you have never heard of.

There was one on last week with a woman who said she was a clothes blogger,googled her and she was off love island.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

I think they are scraping the barrel a lot these days with their celebrity this and celebrity that shows,  a lot of which have people you have never heard of.

As they aren't a 24 hour news channel, they have to rely on the cult of celebrity & entertainment fluff to fill the 4 hours while they're on.   Their biggest nightmare is a major breaking story just they're going off air on a Friday morning.

Let's face it, it's a magazine programme not a news programme.  If you want serious news in a morning, it's got to be the BBC or Sky.  Whenever I've seen it, it's "1,000 dead in the earthquake but on a lighter note, pink is the must colour for this Spring & we'll be spending the next hour discussing this in depth." 

Edited by Baron99

To be honest ITV breakfast has always been the the lighter, cheerier, dumbed down, gaudier version compared to its chief rival.  The latest debacle is hardly a surprise.

Even way way back at the start in the early 80s, TV-AM was always seen as the Poundland version of BBC Breakfast Time, once they had dumbed it down to Roland Rat levels it was well and truly done for......   Then along came GMTV with its sunshine yellow sets and cheesy grinning "journalist" presenters like Anthea Turner against the stiff collars and serious BBC Breakfast News....... then came along the the absolutely storming success of Daybreak (.......who??) for those of us are unlucky enough to remember it was an accomplishment in one thing -  somehow managed to be even more irrelevant than The One Show

Now days the appearances are slightly reversed with the BBC choosing to go for the slightly more casual sofa arrangement and ITV clearly desperately trying to emulate in American style morning show with their slightly more "serious" news desk arrangement.

However the flimsy content, overbearing presenter personalities and tacky giveaway competitions clearly doesn't live up to the more upmarket set.   The BBC still kicks their backside into next week when it comes to ratings.

I'm amazed they have not done a Channel 4 or Channel 5 and given up any sort of breakfast TV altogether.

They might as well whack on This Morning from 6 a.m. till midday and have done with it.  Clearly whatever program title it always seems to be exactly the same lowbrow, celebrity driven, tabloid level gossip and pointless lightweight drivvel right through to mid-afternoon.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I find it very false with forced laughter. If someone on the programme is rude like Miriam Margolys or the Italian cook, Gino , whoever is presenting that day, pretends to look shocked, then cover their mouths, and burst into laughter. 
This is so obviously false, as they always invite the rude celebrities back on, when they are rude again.

On 06/01/2022 at 10:49, PRESLEY said:

I don't usually get to see this because of the time it is shown and I know it is known for It's  rubbish  presenters like Judy and Richard, Ruth and Eamon ect but I've  just seen who I thought couldn't get any worse is Alison Hammond and Dermatitous Oleary, she can't read the auto que properly and Oleary reminds me of an over excited child describing what he got for Xmas,  I thought the One show was bad but this show is really scraping the barrel.  :gag:

I see Hammonds being blackmailed and given the guy 1000s of pounds,don’t know what for .

I blame the producers for picking silly presenters,  and suspect they tell them what to say at  times.

On 25/03/2023 at 11:56, cressida said:

I blame the producers for picking silly presenters,  and suspect they tell them what to say at  times.

I agree with you Cressy. The more silly or outrageous they act the more they get  invited back. Then they get their own programmes ! Oh for the days of proper presenters like Richard Dimbleby and Sue Lawley.

On 25/03/2023 at 09:31, ukdobby said:

I see Hammonds being blackmailed and given the guy 1000s of pounds,don’t know what for .

So she paid a bloke thousands of pounds to stop him spreading lies about her? :huh:

21 hours ago, pattricia said:

I agree with you Cressy. The more silly or outrageous they act the more they get  invited back. Then they get their own programmes ! Oh for the days of proper presenters like Richard Dimbleby and Sue Lawley.

I don't usually tune in,  just did now (before Shirley Ballas on)  and a female 'chef' put some peas in a bowl (looked processed)  stuck in some chicken nuggets or fish finger,  plonked some chives in sauce on the side and that was it - surely that's not cooking -  unimpressed,  Holly and Alison didn't look impressed either.