Microsoft Star

hi there, I have a query. while i am working i am getting microsoft start page  popping up on half of my screen. i am not asking for this-- it just appears. how do i stop this happening. i am running google chrome on windows 10.

Start page? To start what?

If Google is in full screen and this thing pops up, what does it say exactly? Make sure Chrome is set as the default browser and see if that stops it.

23 hours ago, zach said:

Start page? To start what?

If Google is in full screen and this thing pops up, what does it say exactly? Make sure Chrome is set as the default browser and see if that stops it.

chrome is default  browser. I get microsoft start page popping up by itsself. if i leave it it becomes full screen. it appears to be the m/soft browser page.

23 minutes ago, buddysbuddy said:

chrome is default  browser. I get microsoft start page popping up by itsself. if i leave it it becomes full screen. it appears to be the m/soft browser page.

I know they added some junk to Edge, it might be worth opening it and saying no/skip to anything that comes up or shows...as in, make default etc. I can't be sure it'll work, but free to try. Also there are a lot of file types you have to make Chrome the default of if you're on Windows 11. Have a look through the list and set the others you want. Another bit of MS 'Use our stuff' BS