Loans And New Players At Hillsbrough

so a winger and a full back in,so far fine,but have we got to many loan players?

27 minutes ago, bassett one said:

so a winger and a full back in,so far fine,but have we got to many loan players?

Did Wolves have too many?

On 25/01/2022 at 15:23, Sheridan1-0 said:

What's wrong with Liam Palmer.....the lad has played over 300 games for Wednesday under a variety of managers ...and represented Scotland on a number of occasions....and yet he's a scapegoat for many who think they know better..    

Hes steady and thats being kind, the fact hes amassed 300 games is a testament to poor recruitment, currently ranks 14th best player on the books with an average rating around 6.5, which is much improved on his previous season, and his other 4 seasons before that.

If every Wednesday fans happy with that level of performance its no wonder they cant challenge for auto promotion in this division or the one before.

To have ambition you need ambitious players, steady players wont get you promotion

11 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Did Wolves have too many?

jim wolves got players on a full season loan,a set priced 1st option to sign them,got to the premiership and stayed there,which is better than most do , when they go up,it worked perfect in there case,but my question was how many are you allowed is it any amount ? or is it you can only have 5-6 in the squad for a game,  loan players work better than signings if you do it the wolves way,but as you know we cannot do that,i also hope with the wages we are paying we are not breaking any rules.

I think it's 6 in a match day squad. Should send Wing back to free up loan space.

agree with that,pity we cannot get loans with a promise if they are right for us we will sign them

On 27/01/2022 at 01:12, staninoodle said:

Hes steady and thats being kind, the fact hes amassed 300 games is a testament to poor recruitment, currently ranks 14th best player on the books with an average rating around 6.5, which is much improved on his previous season, and his other 4 seasons before that.

If every Wednesday fans happy with that level of performance its no wonder they cant challenge for auto promotion in this division or the one before.

To have ambition you need ambitious players, steady players wont get you promotion

Statistics statistics statistics….I’d sooner think his 300 games & the numerous managers who pick him are a better judge …but don’t let that get in the way of you scapegoating him eh? 

Edited by Sheridan1-0

He’s been ok,always said is when he’s a regular it shows how good we are,he’s a good stand in.

Never scapegoated you once Liam, ive just given an honest assessment of his capability, and Ive always praised the kid if hes done well.

But facts tell the truth

Edited by staninoodle

11 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Never scapegoated you once Liam, ive just given an honest assessment of his capability, and Ive always praised the kid if hes done well.

But facts tell the truth

I tend to base my opinions on what i see on the pitch,rather than get bogged down with statistics ....and the fact all the Wednesday managers since 2010,have selected Liam Palmer on a regular basis suggests they do as well....

Sometimes the truth is staring you in the face..    

21 hours ago, iansheff said:

Signed for them permanent. While I wasn't against him going back I hope this doesn't leave us short in midfield.