Rainbow Nation

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

After apartheid ended with the release of Mandela South Africa became known as the Rainbow Nation , All creeds and colours living in perfect harmony , A situation that is still far from the true situation with the rich blacks now holding the upper hand and more and more black and now whites  falling into poverty 

So it has set me thinking , Are we in the UK the new Rainbow Nation ????, It is beginning to look that way to me any way , 

Our media , TV,  and big business now seem to be non sectarian , all the top programmes now inc all colours and creeds , Our football as well as other sports has fair mix of cultures (except Yorkshire cricket ) .

Go down town and we now see a fair mix of people and if we keep our ears open we can hear many languages on the street.

The hospitals are a big example of mixed culture from porters to brain surgeons ,(what would we do without them ) .

So in conclusion putting daft religion aside ( my opinion sorry ) We now seem to be the best Country World wide for tolerance and are indeed the new Rainbow Nation .

The split in society is now rich vs poor. That covers all demographic groups. 

The poor seem to be resented more than they are helped, particularly in the class riddled UK.

You only have to look on this forum to see the bile that is poured on anyone in this country who requires benefits. 

On 02/01/2022 at 13:23, cuttsie said:

The hospitals are a big example of mixed culture from porters to brain surgeons ,(what would we do without them ) .

So in conclusion putting daft religion aside ( my opinion sorry ) We now seem to be the best Country World wide for tolerance and are indeed the new Rainbow Nation .

This is rather bizzare. I respect anyones right to behave as they wish.

A gay couple have described their shock at being refused a viewing and the chance to buy a house in south London because of their sexuality.

"We're sorry if we seem intrusive, but we just want to make clear that we would be unwilling for two men in a partnership to view or buy our house. As it is contrary to the gracious teaching in God's Word, the Holy Bible, e.g. Romans 1:24-28 and Jude (King James Version)."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60115606

Presumably no remarried couples or  unmarried "living in sin" ones should apply either

There is a bakers shop that refuses to make people of a certain persuation wedding cakes  ,it was in court a few months ago the baker was found not guilty of discriminating .

2 hours ago, butlers said:

Presumably no remarried couples or  unmarried "living in sin" ones should apply either

Or those wearing mixed fibres, those who have received instruction from a woman, collectors of wood on the sabbath, etc.

Cherry picking lightweight fundamentalists 🙄