New Year Honours

Emma Raducanu knocked out in the 2nd round of the Australian Open. 

That MBE award is looking a bit previous?  Maybe the powers that be should have waited a decade or so? 

She did have a blister,poor lass.

I'm hoping to get a "Whooosh" award from HHR.

I hope Paul O'Grady is honoured for his work with dogs.

Kamara?why,4 women footballers?what's up with the other 7?Rachel Riley?

It's been said before these are a joke.

Why? They were only doing a job which made them a lot of money. What about the people who helped them to get there and were paid a pittance compared to them. Sorry but that is my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

What about our previous Prime Ministers, don't they always get an honour or are put in the House of Lords?

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Yeah, I thought Rachel Reily?  She doesn't even do the words on Countdown. 

Then I checked out and why she has been awarded her MBE.  It's for combating antisemitism & raising awareness of the Holocaust. She's also worked with the Centre for Countering Digital Hate to combat online abuse. 

When they start handing out the gongs in the Summer, one guy I've been reading about today, definitely deserves one.  Gary McKee from Cumbria.  He's raised more than £800,000 for Mcmillan & a local hospice by running a marathon everyday since Jan 1st this year & he's just finished his last one today.  He's fitted the marathons around his normal daily life & would sometimes run a marathon before going off to work. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Then I checked out and why she has been awarded her MBE.  It's for combating antisemitism & raising awareness of the Holocaust. She's also worked with the Centre for Countering Digital Hate to combat online abuse. 

When they start handing out the gongs in the Summer, one guy I've been reading about today, definitely deserves one.  Gary McKee from Cumbria.  He's raised more than £800,000 for Mcmillan & a local hospice by running a marathon everyday since Jan 1st this year & he's just finished his last one today.  He's fitted the marathons around his normal daily life & would sometimes run a marathon before going off to work. 

Someone needs to nominate him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

We’ll she hasn’t raised it enough.

Gary Mkee does deserve it but the media doesn’t follow him like the celebs.