Dear Mods It's Time For An Amnesty

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I knew a poster or two who were associates drinking pals  of mods , They got away with murder and any one who disagreed with them got banned .

Name and shame.

11 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Name and shame.

No. That would be wrong. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

No. That would be wrong. 

👍

Call me naive, but the more that I learn about this forum the less I want to be part of it.

Just now, crookesey said:

Call me naive, but the more that I learn about this forum the less I want to be part of it.

Why? 

Just now, crookesey said:

Why? You have obviously been around a while. What has changed to make you feel this way?

i wonder where those sad over reacting woke mods are now?? maybe they are still on here under different new names ?

the forum is much better now for their absence, we all can agree or disagree but i dont seem to see any real malice between people since the change, so is it self moderating now?

Hats off to the mods here.

For a week, I was apparently "banned". A simple query to the mods and I was re-instated.

How precious is the free flow of ideas and opinions to a society?

18 hours ago, crookesey said:

Name and shame.

If you read past threads its very obvious , especially on the football one .

Sex was another topic some got away with innuendo while the mere mention of below the belt for others was an  instant trip to Siberia .

19 hours ago, despritdan said:

I think it was more a case of being politically incorrect that got people banned. The last mods were pc fanatics who removed posts that didn't conform to their ultra woke opinions.

Not true. Not only was I banned but also my IP was blocked, for making a mild criticism of a moderating decision. And I was what you would doubtless call 'woke'. So you made that up.

Did you know that at one time the SF sold their own tee shirts online. They were white with Sheffield Forum written across the front. My sister sent me one but I gave it away. Wish I had kept it now!

Names of past regulars that spring to mind for me are; Manofstrad, Bedrock, Rampent, I always thought they were the same person. Of course Halibut, Planner1 (is he still on), Cyclone, Denlin? Alchresearch, Geoff (owner I think) Pete something; was a fair mod, had his photo as his avatar.