Sign in to follow this  

Two Quotes - Gas Cooker Fitting & Decorator

As above, I'm looking for quotes.

Gas cooker fittings.

All that's there is capped off gas pipe running 6" above the floor (roughly). I'll need all the pipework and anything else I'll need to just plug the gas pipe into a new cooker (or does the plugging in bit also need to be done by qualified fitter?) Must have up to date certificates. I think it's Gas Safe, but I'll read up prior to the job being done.

Decorator

This will be a full 2 bed flat paint. I don't want a 'my mate' type of decorator, I'd like one with references if possible. I want the job doing with the right type of paint for each room. I'm sure you'll know more about that, than I do. As it will be a big job, I don't mind it being split, as long as it's not months apart.

PM me for more info if needed.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yep, use a gas safe engineer mate. If you were to take the plug out it could be pressured up with gas so don't take that out. It should be isolated at the meter and may have been disconnected and plugged at the meter as well. The cooker will need a flexi hose between the pipe and the cooker. All in all, leave it to the experts who'll make sure you don't have any leaks in the system as well as complying with the very latest rules & regs.

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure on the hose from the fixed pipe to the cooker. 

Thanks for the info, and a Happy New Year to you too.