Sheffield Madness Over Xmas

19 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Sod it. I was going to write a detailed rebuttal but there's absolutely no point. I shall leave you in your comfortable world where organised crime flourishes, addicts frequently die of overdoses, drug-related crime is rampant, and there's absolutely nothing we can do to improve the situation because the exact same technique hasn't already been tried and shown to work.

Your words, not mine. I think there IS something we can do but not throw in the towel and make  illegal things legal.

We can get rid of every crime in the book if we just legalise it but real effort has to be the only answer so we must agree to differ.

15 hours ago, The Joker said:

I agree.

Look how some badly-behaved children leave Eton, then  get loads of women pregnant, only to abandon them a short while later.

Absolutely despicable behaviour, if you ask me.

i am sure there are some that leave Eton badly behaved , but as you know full well !!what i am getting at is no discipline in homes or schools now, no local bobby to clip unruly ears,there are kids coming into this country with absolutely no fear of authority or the consequences.

one of the problems stemmed from that war monger Bliar who has apparently just been knighted instead of jailed , who back in the time he was PM welcomed all comers and said everyone had the right to success and have what they wanted, shame he didnt add it takes hard work and determination to make a success of your life , not just take it from others?

43 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

i am sure there are some that leave Eton badly behaved , but as you know full well !!what i am getting at is no discipline in homes or schools now, no local bobby to clip unruly ears,there are kids coming into this country with absolutely no fear of authority or the consequences.

one of the problems stemmed from that war monger Bliar who has apparently just been knighted instead of jailed , who back in the time he was PM welcomed all comers and said everyone had the right to success and have what they wanted, shame he didnt add it takes hard work and determination to make a success of your life , not just take it from others?

Very true

Sheffield homeless charity wants to ban begging when a woman who died had refused to go to hospital despite being unwell because she expected to make money begging. And they added she was not homeless.

Tim Renshaw, chief executive of The Archer Project, based at Sheffield Cathedral said "We don’t know if the death could have been prevented but we do know that the medics weren’t given a good chance to save life. And we know that if begging wasn’t profitable that person would have spent time with drug treatment services instead of hours sat in a doorway asking passers-by for money."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/end-begging-call-after-sheffield-tragedy-as-beggar-refuses-hospital-for-drug-money-3497457

anything left about the original headline of stories about madness over christmas/newyear

On 29/12/2021 at 00:16, Resident said:

Fruits of the namby-pamby-ists that started when I was a kid. "Oooh you shouldn't smack your kids' brigade. 

Reap what you sow ladies and gents. 

Yes, kids need a bloody good hiding at times

1 hour ago, actionman said:

Yes, kids need a bloody good hiding at times

When i was growing up the bigger kids used to keep us in line

If you were caught vandalising something or graffiti they'd give you a slap

Also, if the police had to chase you, theyd give you a good hiding if they caught you

We didnt like them but respected them 

On 02/01/2022 at 12:22, Jack Grey said:

Sheffield homeless charity wants to ban begging when a woman who died had refused to go to hospital despite being unwell because she expected to make money begging. And they added she was not homeless.

Tim Renshaw, chief executive of The Archer Project, based at Sheffield Cathedral said "We don’t know if the death could have been prevented but we do know that the medics weren’t given a good chance to save life. And we know that if begging wasn’t profitable that person would have spent time with drug treatment services instead of hours sat in a doorway asking passers-by for money."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/end-begging-call-after-sheffield-tragedy-as-beggar-refuses-hospital-for-drug-money-3497457

It's already illegal to beg on the streets. Vagrancy Act. However once again, unenforced by our police farces. 

5 hours ago, Resident said:

It's already illegal to beg on the streets. Vagrancy Act. However once again, unenforced by our police farces. 

I dont give money to beggars because a vast majority are using the money to buy drugs. When people give them money theyre just giving their money to drug dealers.

The spice junkies are a menace and are destroying our city centre.

The police just ignore them and you can see them openly selling and doing drugs in the street especially around The Cathedral and Castlegate.

However, if youve worked hard all week and your out in town on a Saturday night and your caught with a small bag of coke you'll be arrested.

Edited by Jack Grey

12 hours ago, Resident said:

Most of the Vagrancy Act 1824 has been repealed. See https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo4/5/83/contents

By s.3, the penalty for begging is one month in prison- so not much deterrent effect

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I dont give money to beggars because a vast majority are using the money to buy drugs. When people give them money theyre just giving their money to drug dealers.

The spice junkies are a menace and are destroying our city centre.

The police just ignore them and you can see them openly selling and doing drugs in the street especially around The Cathedral and Castlegate.

However, if youve worked hard all week and your out in town on a Saturday night and your caught with a small bag of coke you'll be arrested.

It sounds like you're speaking from personal experience.  Tell us more.

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It sounds like you're speaking from personal experience.  Tell us more.

Why would tell a bunch of strangers on an open forum about my personal life? 🙄

Im talking about the hypocrisy with Boris announcing that they will be targeting middle class drug users when spice junkies are free to do whatever they like

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/06/middle-class-drug-users-could-lose-uk-passports-under-boris-johnsons-plans

Edited by Jack Grey