Christmas Traffic

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Liar , Nosey neighbour 

Nope, I seriously can see down Baslow Road/Abbeydale Road South from my window, and do notice when it is building up.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Sounds more like a Curtain Twitcher to me.

Curtains are open during the day, no twitching needed 🤣

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Stood behind them in his underpants

If that's what turns you on....

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Nope, I seriously can see down Baslow Road/Abbeydale Road South from my window, and do notice when it is building up.

Curtains are open during the day, no twitching needed 🤣

If that's what turns you on....

Jesting mate , chill 

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I once booked an apartment in Turkey (Marmaris) and paid extra for a sea view.......

You had to climb on a chair, stand on the table, and on a clear day you could just about see the sea.

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Jesting mate , chill 

I realised - shudda 'grinned' after that last post. 😀

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I once booked an apartment in Turkey (Marmaris) and paid extra for a sea view.......

You had to climb on a chair, stand on the table, and on a clear day you could just about see the sea.

I've heard others pass similar comments about 'sea views' - never trust travel agents descriptions, they have great poetic licence. 🤣

19 hours ago, Padders said:

19 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I've heard others pass similar comments about 'sea views' - never trust travel agents descriptions, they have great poetic licence. 🤣

I'm reminded of this. 😄 

On 24/12/2021 at 21:48, RollingJ said:

Stayed in a hotel in St Ives that claimed the room had a seaview. It was a corner room, facing away from the coast line but the was one of those traffic mirrors bolted to a tree and you could see the sea with it :hihi:

It was a long weekend away with my girlfriend at the time, a fairly new relationship so looking at the sea wasn't a priority ...... 👀

Edited by Resident

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Stayed in a hotel in St Ives that claimed the room had a seaview. It was a corner room, facing away from the coast line but the was one of those traffic mirrors bolted to a tree and you could see the sea with it :hihi:

So - you got your sea view. 😂

On 25/12/2021 at 17:42, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm reminded of this. 😄 

First thing I thought of too...

On 24/12/2021 at 20:11, cuttsie said:

I visit Matlock on a regular basis from my home in North Sheffield  . it often takes me over one hour to get to Owler bar travelling the  Penistone Rd , Abbeydale Rd route , then just 25 mins to Matlock .

The return journey can be worse , Sheffield is gridlocked for any one living in the North of the City , There must be fifty sets of traffic lights on Penistone Road alone .

Try outibridge to malin bridge over walkley lane to crookes onto cross lane then rygate. Shore lane then hanginwater to bents green then thru dore onto penny lane and emerge on  Baslow rd just past cross sythes

Just now, actionman said:

Try outibridge to malin bridge over walkley lane to crookes onto cross lane then rygate. Shore lane then hanginwater to bents green then thru dore onto penny lane and emerge on  Baslow rd just past cross sythes

Or better still after malin go rivelin hag hill then pick up above route

Edited by actionman

11 hours ago, actionman said:

Or better still after malin go rivelin hag hill then pick up above route

cheers