Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Used The Mortgage Advice Bureau?

Any thoughts? Any good?

My latter years of working in the world of finance was in respect of commercial loan requirements. However I have experience in residential loan procurement and can categorically state that a good mortgage broker beats the hell out of the man/woman on the street. attempting to wade through the deals available. Also the broker is paid a procuration commission from the lender, circa 1:00% of the loan, so it costs the borrower nothing.

Edited by crookesey

Also, a good broker may be able to locate/use non-standard lenders better suited to considering non-standard borrowers/properties/risks.

On 23/12/2021 at 17:24, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Also, a good broker may be able to locate/use non-standard lenders better suited to considering non-standard borrowers/properties/risks.

Correct, when I was involved in mortgage procurement there were also ‘exclusive’ deals for broker introduced business. If anyone is wary of using a broker their solicitor should be able to put their mind at rest.