The Worst Royal Variety Performance Ever ?

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

You should have watched the Snooker on t'other channel, now that was entertaining...

Ronnie O'sullivan winning 10-8.

Didn’t know snooker was on. I like Ronnie O’Sullivan especially when he bends over the snooker table in those tight trousers ! Also I like to see a man in a waistcoat,which snooker players brought back into fashion. My favourite though was Alex Higgins.

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Didn’t know snooker was on. I like Ronnie O’Sullivan especially when he bends over the snooker table in those tight trousers ! Also I like to see a man in a waistcoat,which snooker players brought back into fashion. My favourite though was Alex Higgins.

Alex Higgins-----------The gifted idiot.

Now he could put bums on seats, The Peoples Champion.......

He was my favourite as well.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

My favourite though was Alex Higgins.

He was sat facing me in a waiting room station in the 1980s,  he looked sad,  he'd probably been to see his ex-wife in Cheshire.

I had the misfortune to catch most of this, wow this country has produced some great entertainers over the years but most of them last night, jeez, I thought Ann Marie was OK as were the guys doing the balancing act, Alan Carr has never been funny, why people think having an annoying camp voice is entertaining I'll never know, I think he summed it up himself at one point, as for the likes of Rod Stewart and Elvis Costello, you would think they'd retire gracefully having had successful careers rather than stringing it out to an embarrassingly poor end, and the mainstream comedians now are just bloody awful.

49 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

I had the misfortune to catch most of this, wow this country has produced some great entertainers over the years but most of them last night, jeez, I thought Ann Marie was OK as were the guys doing the balancing act, Alan Carr has never been funny, why people think having an annoying camp voice is entertaining I'll never know, I think he summed it up himself at one point, as for the likes of Rod Stewart and Elvis Costello, you would think they'd retire gracefully having had successful careers rather than stringing it out to an embarrassingly poor end, and the mainstream comedians now are just bloody awful.

I agree with everything you say. Even Paul McCartney would have been better than Rod Stuart.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

He was sat facing me in a waiting room station in the 1980s,  he looked sad,  he'd probably been to see his ex-wife in Cheshire.

He was an exciting player to watch, but I think smoking and drinking ruined his health.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

You should have watched the Snooker on t'other channel, now that was entertaining...

Ronnie O'sullivan winning 10-8.

Correct, and Ronnie can sing better than Jane Mcdoogle. :hihi:

That show last night was like a bad version of Opertunity knocks. :gag:

22 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

That show last night was like a bad version of Opertunity knocks. :gag:

No truer word spoken ! You said exactly what I thought !

I didn't watch it.  Saw the line up beforehand and decided not to.  Seems like I made the right decision.

The only good thing about last nights show, was,

Nibbling on Mr. Blokes mince pies, they seem to be infiltrating everywhere.

There were some male acrobats  on ( fantastic bodies !) and their father came on at the end and joined in with them. Best act of the night !