Can A Man And A Woman Be Close Friends.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

I think I worded my post wrongly. What I meant was that I have a very close friend who is gay, and also close male friends who aren’t gay ! Is that better ?

Whether a person is single is more important. I would say there are many more single people today, than decades ago.

I had a short relationship with a woman, she didnt really want a relationship, she is single and will probably remain so. She still messages me, but I am not always comfortable with that, because it plays on my heart.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Whether a person is single is more important. I would say there are many more single people today, than decades ago.

I had a short relationship with a woman, she didnt really want a relationship, she is single and will probably remain so. She still messages me, but I am not always comfortable with that, because it plays on my heart.

I understand.

Of course they can, I have three very good female friends and we are all in relationships with other people.

On 27/12/2021 at 11:14, El Cid said:

She still messages me, but I am not always comfortable with that, because it plays on my heart.

I’d be inclined to cut off contact completely, you know in a situation where one person is hankering (is that a word?) for more intimacy than the other, it’s really not good for the person doing the hankering.

When you have common interests and get on well, of course you can be good friends. We all need a good support network of varying backgrounds