Can A Man And A Woman Be Close Friends.

I have a pal who I have known for many years , We have been to the pub together over the years, cycling, football matches , day trips and so on .

This mate of mine is a woman , just a pal nowt else . no sex involved ever ,just mates .

Over the years I have had the odd nudge nudge , wink , wink from both sexes who seem to think that the situation is odd .

So what do you think , is it unusual in todays nudge nudge World to have close life long pals who are from the opposite sex .

Edited by cuttsie

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I have a pal who I have known for many years , We have been to the pub together over the years, cycling, football matches , day trips and so on .

This mate of mine is a woman , just a pal nowt else . no sex involved ever ,just mates .

Over the years I have had the odd nudge nudge , wink , wink from both sexes who seem to think that the situation is odd .

So what do you think , is it unusual in todays nudge nudge World to have close life long pals who are from the opposite sex .

And what does Mrs Cuttsie think about this arrangement.

She called us odd couple , We have holidayed together as my pal has a shagg partner( who has now passed away ), she also knows we are the most un suited pair of individuals ever , my pal is what is known as posh in some circles and me ,well a bit uncouth really .

The thing we all have in common is politics , we are all left of Trotsky and we met at a political meeting in the 80's .

So no probs in the domestic scene , no tongues allowed .

My Mrs has just read this and said ," Don't thee forget that Trosky died wi a brick hammer buried in his head" . so there is thi answer Padders .

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

My Mrs has just read this and said ," Don't thee forget that Trosky died wi a brick hammer buried in his head" . so there is thi answer Padders .

Oh dear,

Incidentally it was a Mountaineering Ice Pick that was embedded in his bonce. ⛏️

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh dear,

Incidentally it was a Mountaineering Ice Pick that was embedded in his bonce. ⛏️

Hmmm... :huh:

It's just a thought but...

... it's probably worth Mr Cuttsie keeps a look out for any odd-shaped pressies under the Christmas tree this year. :suspect:

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh dear,

Pedant 😀

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh dear,

Yes but her in doors , knows where my brick hammer is , To her one hammer is as good as the other .

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It's just a thought but...

... it's probably worth Mr Cuttsie keeps a look out for any odd-shaped pressies under the Christmas tree this year. :suspect:

sniffer dog .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

It’s only  when you marry them that the problems start. 

34 minutes ago, crookesey said:

It’s only  when you marry them that the problems start. 

Been a problem of mine in the past , too many wedding cakes .

What a strange question. 

Of course men and women can be close friends.