Boots Pharmacy At Rhh

Has anyone tried to ring them today? I've been calling all afternoon, it just keeps ringing out then disconnects. They should have sent my medication by post but it hasn't arrived. I take it in one dose on Wednesdays and have had to miss it now.

My prescription goes direct to the pharmacy of my choice, ready for the pick up of my medication.

It's a controlled drug only available at the hospital pharmacy. As I'm housebound they send it by post. Still can't get through to them.

Edited by Minimo
added

34 minutes ago, Minimo said:

It's a controlled drug only available at the hospital pharmacy. As I'm housebound they send it by post. Still can't get through to them.

What number are you ringing?

Perhaps ring the main RHH switchboard and see if a) its still the correct one, and b) to put you through direct?

2750317 which either rings engaged or rings for so long then disconnects. I've tried through the switchboard, same result. I was given another number 2268585 but that's just permanently engaged as well. I need my pills but am just helpless.

Long shot - ring another Boots Pharmacy and see if they can provide a different number or send an internal message,?

Failing that you probably should ring your GP or NHS 111.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Good idea, thanks very much.

On 16/12/2021 at 07:25, crookesey said:

My prescription goes direct to the pharmacy of my choice, ready for the pick up of my medication.

If you're a Hallamshire hospital outpatient then unfortunately that's any Boots pharmacy of your choice. When appointments were in person I used to collect my prescription at the hospital pharmacy. I soon learned to take a good book or go for a walk, the waits were anywhere from 45 mins to once or twice, double that. I did complain citing the lack of patient choice which seemed to hit a nerve and was bombarded with calls and questionnaires which made no difference but no doubt ticked some boxes.

At the height of the pandemic Boots delivered which was great. Now, appointments are over the phone and my prescriptions go to a preferred Boots pharmacy which is a bus ride away when I have an other pharmacy chain a 10 min walk from home.

It's a shame as my many years experience of NHS patient services at the Hallamshire is nothing but positive. The weak link in the chain is Boots who appear understaffed, even pre-pandemic, and possibly more focused on profit.

My particular medication is a controlled drug so only available at the hospital pharmacy. Update, I have my pills now, I eventually found out that they had been sent to Meadowhall to be collected from there but returned to the hospital when they weren't collected. They posted them direct to me and  I got them yesterday.

2 hours ago, Minimo said:

My particular medication is a controlled drug so only available at the hospital pharmacy. Update, I have my pills now, I eventually found out that they had been sent to Meadowhall to be collected from there but returned to the hospital when they weren't collected. They posted them direct to me and  I got them yesterday.

Good to hear it got resolved in the end.

My medication isn't controlled so have the faff of collecting it from a Boots pharmacy, there's no postal option. I'm hoping to move it under control of my GP so I can choose any pharmacy chain which I guess isn't an option for you.

I get my medicine ordered online now-brilliant service and delivered to the door within days. They even give you reminders when to re-order. No more waiting for ages at the local pharmacy-brill.