On 15/12/2021 at 19:01, HeHasRisen said:

Darnall.

Darnall? Filthy place.  Rubbish boozin area, been like that since early 80s.  :gag:

Broomhill had a decent pub crawl with decent eating houses, mainly The Sheffield University play area, but I found the natives to be friendly.

On 20/12/2021 at 20:49, Baron99 said:

Yes it was good.  I make it, (unless anyone can add to it?) 9 pubs, from The Royal to The Hermitage?  2 more if you went slightly off-piste to the Golden Lion & The Sheldon. 

In contrast, from the Royal and walking down Abbeydale Road it was a long stretch before you reach the Broadfield.

Yes, then another stretch to the Millhouses,

On 01/01/2022 at 13:00, diksey said:

Yes, then another stretch to the Millhouses,

Could never understand why there is such a massive gap between the Broadfield to Millhouses Hotel?  There was of course, many decades ago the Gatefield Social Club. 

At least now there's a few, small independent bars such as the Bear Bar, Dead Donkey, Barrowboy, Two Thirds, The Teller & Gin Bar on Abbeydale Road but they're all basically within spitting distance of each other.  Still nothing between The Broadfield & Millhouses Hotel. 

Abbeydale Road / Abbeydale Road South must be one of the longest roads going with the fewest pubs. 

Edited by Baron99

plus more opening soon as well,plus another at woodseats

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Could never understand why there is such a massive gap between the Broadfield to Millhouses Hotel?  There was of course, many decades ago the Gatefield Social Club. 

At least now there's a few, small independent bars such as the Bear Bar, Dead Donkey, Barrowboy, Two Thirds, The Teller & Gin Bar on Abbeydale Road but they're all basically within spitting distance of each other.  Still nothing between The Broadfield & Millhouses Hotel. 

Abbeydale Road / Abbeydale Road South must be one of the longest roads going with the fewest pubs. 

Prince of Wales Road and Staniforth Road are long roads without pubs too.

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

Prince of Wales Road and Staniforth Road are long roads without pubs too.

Doesn't Prince of Wales Road have the Three Feathers? Or is this technically classed as Bowden Wood Crescent?

5 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Doesn't Prince of Wales Road have the Three Feathers? Or is this technically classed as Bowden Wood Crescent?

It's address is Bowden Wood Crescent but it faces PoW Road, so that's one I missed

Well this is the London Road thread but Darnall has been mentioned and the mafia mods are gone so here goes. Back in the 80’s when I was a long haired biker I had a girl mate who lived with her mum and sister at Heeley. The mum was quite bohemian and long divorced from the dad. The dad in question was a brick s—-house heavy hitter who lived at Darnall. So one day my mate announced she was going to visit her dad and would I like to come with her. With some trepidation and wondering how he would react to a rough arse like myself hanging out with his daughter I agreed. We duly arrived and he was ok, even going to the extent of showing me his antique weapon collection (gulp). It was decided that he would take us for “a couple of drinks “. The resultant pub crawl followed by a way too hot curry and more drinks resulted in me waking up the next morning with a concrete lion next to me in bed. Apparently I had decided to take it as a souvenir off some poor buggers gatepost. My mate took great delight in telling me this adding that it was particularly impressive given that the gatepost was at least six feet high. I casually asked about her dad, in some fear for my personal safety at this point, to which she replied that her dad had already called her to say what a great bloke I was and when were we doing it again! That was my only pub crawl in Darnall. To anyone who may have lost a concrete lion in Darnall I’m really, really sorry!