Sports Personality Of The Year

Just seen the shortlist,surely it goes to the gypsy king.

28 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Just seen the shortlist,surely it goes to the gypsy king.

You can get 50/1 for him at VBet.

Most bookies are offering 1/20 for ER, best is 1/14

Just now, Jim Hardie said:

You can get 50/1 for him at VBet.

Most bookies are offering 1/20 for ER, best is 1/14

ER hasn't pulled any trees up since the US  open,in fact the only time I've seen her in the news is her modelling photos,maybe she'd be better of concentrating on her tennis.

Interesting!  I would have thought with the way Womens Football has been pushed recently, one of them would have been a shoe-in for it.  Especially with an ex-Womens International on the presentation team.

Let me know if they ever find one.

It's supposed to be the PERSONALITY. In the past, some winners have struggled with this dimension. 

But I have doubts as to the voting system. Some years ago Karl Fogerty - the world superbike champion - accrued the most votes thanks to a sustained campaign by all his fans. But the Beeb didn't want this "unattractive", oily oik to win, and decided that Michael Owen, who had done booger all that year apart from scoring one decent goal against Germany, should get the prize. Foggy was runner up. 

It's a fix.............. 

This used to be an important program - now it is just a PC checklist - the winner has to tick so many PC boxes......

4 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

It's supposed to be the PERSONALITY. In the past, some winners have struggled with this dimension. 

But I have doubts as to the voting system. Some years ago Karl Fogerty - the world superbike champion - accrued the most votes thanks to a sustained campaign by all his fans. But the Beeb didn't want this "unattractive", oily oik to win, and decided that Michael Owen, who had done booger all that year apart from scoring one decent goal against Germany, should get the prize. Foggy was runner up. 

It's a fix.............. 

It’s nothing new. Bob Nudd and Justin Fashanu both had large votes discounted because they’d been organized by the Angling Times and Gay Times.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

It’s nothing new. Bob Nudd and Justin Fashanu both had large votes discounted because they’d been organized by the Angling Times and Gay Times.

And that's why the BBC decided that it was no longer going to be a free vote but a vote from a list of candidates THEY decide.  

Out of the 6 contenders, I'd go for Peaty with fury as the runner up. 

According to The Telegraph, the BBC were going to shoehorn in Lewis Hamilton at the last minute as a 7th contender, if he'd won the F1 championship. 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, lobster said:

Why Sterling and not Mark Cavendish

They have to have a footballer and let’s face it what outstanding player have we had this year?Sterling has had an average season at the best,Fury for me then Peaty,Daly?his diving partners done the same hasn’t he?