Budgie Breeders

3 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Wasn`t Geoff Capes the Olympic shot putter a budgie breeder. I am sure I saw him in a short clip on T.V. with a budgie in his hand.

Yes 

5 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Wasn`t Geoff Capes the Olympic shot putter a budgie breeder. I am sure I saw him in a short clip on T.V. with a budgie in his hand.

yes he was and so was James Hunt the 1976 F1 world champion

A pal of mine had a huge aviary keeping budgies and canaries,he told me once he could change the colour of canaries feathers by giving them a certain kind of drink in their water,I don,t know if he was pulling my leg or not so I went along with it!.Does this sound right to all the experts out there?.

58 minutes ago, old tup said:

A pal of mine had a huge aviary keeping budgies and canaries,he told me once he could change the colour of canaries feathers by giving them a certain kind of drink in their water,I don,t know if he was pulling my leg or not so I went along with it!.Does this sound right to all the experts out there?.

Wards ale used to make my fissog bright red , and other parts of my anatomy redder , don't know about canaries though .

9 hours ago, old tup said:

Yes  . It was a powder to mix with drinking water  or egg food  called Carophyll Red . Only worked on Red Factor Canaries . My dad used to breed them and show them in competition 

On 10/12/2021 at 18:53, The Joker said:

To be honest, driving around Sheffield is no different today.

RED LIGHT = STOP

GREEN LIGHT = GO

Sheffield's motorists still have yet to grasp this simple concept.

And driving on left hand side of the road! 

My Uncle Harry Moore bred budgies in a shed at his house 305 Petre Street.  From 1952 he worked for his friend John  Hutchinson at his pet shop in the Wicker until it closed around 1972.