Who Should Replace Boris Johnson?

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why Liz Truss ?

They've heard of her and she's white. Let's recap on the stellar decision making from the Tory Party members of recent times:

David Cameron. Legacy: ensured the least well off and the most vulnerable paid the biggest price of the financial crisis, while protecting better off voters. Helped destabilise Libya. 

Theresa May. Legacy: just chaos and lack of effectiveness. Endless Brexit votes in parliament without impact. Which was what she brought to the Home Office - an obvious intellectual lightweight, whose limitations the members seemed blind to.

Boris Johnson: sleaze, corruption, failure to take decisive action when it mattered during the pandemic because he has a pathetic need to be liked. Did "get Brexit done" but uninterested in the consequences of that.

If the trigger is pulled on Johnson, the same crazies will be picking the fourth UK prime minister in 12 years, with no self-awareness of their poor track record.

58 minutes ago, Delbow said:

And the average age of Conservative Party members is around 75. So another way of asking the question is "Who would a bunch of deranged 75 year old racists pick?" 

Which is why my money is on Liz Truss.

Its 57

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/more-than-half-of-tory-members-would-ruin-party-over-brexit

9 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

That was the figure Conservative Home published in 2017, but the Tory Bow Group gave a figure of 72 the same year, stating that they based this on party data that was not in the public domain.

I’m not the greatest ‘joiner’ in the world, but at the age of 74 wouldn’t feel justified in being able to vote for things that could effect folk half my age long after I’ve popped my clogs. I wondered if anyone knew the average age of the Labour Party membership, unless it’s not relevant that is.

13 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I’m not the greatest ‘joiner’ in the world, but at the age of 74 wouldn’t feel justified in being able to vote for things that could effect folk half my age long after I’ve popped my clogs. I wondered if anyone knew the average age of the Labour Party membership, unless it’s not relevant that is.

It's 50 something I think. I support your stance, there is something incredibly selfish - particularly now that we are on the verge of climate disaster - in people voting on a future that they won't have to live through.

17 hours ago, altus said:

Who replaces Boris is an entirely reasonable topic for discussion on this forum.

True and indisputable; but  not of consequence.

One thing's for sure: not Labour.

On 13/12/2021 at 12:31, Delbow said:

They've heard of her and she's white. Let's recap on the stellar decision making from the Tory Party members of recent times:

David Cameron. Legacy: ensured the least well off and the most vulnerable paid the biggest price of the financial crisis, while protecting better off voters. Helped destabilise Libya. 

Theresa May. Legacy: just chaos and lack of effectiveness. Endless Brexit votes in parliament without impact. Which was what she brought to the Home Office - an obvious intellectual lightweight, whose limitations the members seemed blind to.

Boris Johnson: sleaze, corruption, failure to take decisive action when it mattered during the pandemic because he has a pathetic need to be liked. Did "get Brexit done" but uninterested in the consequences of that.

If the trigger is pulled on Johnson, the same crazies will be picking the fourth UK prime minister in 12 years, with no self-awareness of their poor track record.

Imagine if they picked Liz Truss to be leader/Prime Minister. The Conservative party will have placed a third women in Number 10 while the "progressive" Labour party have never really been realistically close to even electing a woman as their leader.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

On 13/12/2021 at 12:37, Delbow said:

And the average age of Conservative Party members is around 75. So another way of asking the question is "Who would a bunch of deranged 75 year old racists pick?" 

Which is why my money is on Liz Truss.

Looking every day more like the safe bet:

A good candidate would be the one most hated by Labour supporters, difficult as they appear to hate all Tory MP’s.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Looking every day more like the safe bet:

Imagine being so bad you're replaced by Liz Truss.