Who Should Replace Boris Johnson?

39 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I wonder , who would be the perfect man for the job 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Both leader of Conservatives and leader of Labour are pants.

If they're the best we can do, heaven help us...

What a position for the country to be in. No wonder we're in such a  state....

When are you going to be standing for election then Anna?   What's your proposed strategy to elevate yourself from successor local MP to leader of a party? Perhaps of course you may be proposing to go in as an independent? 

Anyone can shout on the sidelines complaining, and criticising and finger pointing..... the hard part is actually having the will, skill and guts to actually put one's neck out there and do something about it.

If it's all such a complete shambles, in your opinion, and we have got the worst of the worst, then who exactly should we be voting for?  Bear in mind the simple rule of elections 101, we don't vote for leader of a party we vote for a local MP.  That's it.

You continually seem to present that you know best what people want, you constantly dismiss those who don't follow your stance as totally wrong, you continually seem to be pushing a position which you are so adamant is always right.... so go test it.     Put yourself up against the court of public opinion and media spotlight.  Presumably you don't think you cant do any worse than the current lot. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I wonder , who would be the perfect man for the job 

A woman.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Both leader of Conservatives and leader of Labour are pants.

If they're the best we can do, heaven help us...

What a position for the country to be in. No wonder we're in such a  state....

Do you mean their personalities  or their policies?

The title on this thread did not limit you to the two main partys, although our electoral system does.

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

A woman.

You mean like Teresa May or Maggie Thatcher were?   I assume on that basis you are gunning for Pritti Patel to get the top job....  right? 

Incidently how many female leaders have ever reached the top in the Labour Party.   Perhaps they are still a bit stuck in the 1970s attitudes eh.    Just like most of their policies   

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest sibon
5 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

You mean like Teresa May or Maggie Thatcher were?   I assume on that basis you are gunning for Pritti Patel to get the top job....  right? 

Incidently how many female leaders have ever reached the top in the Labour Party.   Perhaps they are still a bit stuck in the 1970s attitudes eh.    Just like most of their policies   

Which of Labour's policies are stuck in.the 70s ? 

13 minutes ago, sibon said:

Which of Labour's policies are stuck in.the 70s ? 

Free broadband.🤣

5 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yes something that needs to be addressed, I can’t help but recall the Labour Party of yesteryear, it wasn’t really a place for women, unless of course they were the likes of Barbara Castle, Shirley Williams and Dianne Abbott, I know how hard it was for them to climb the ladder.

No one comes readily to mind currently, this makes me think of the Labour Party as male oriented with the odd woman to help pacify the equal rights for women brigade. Best get your act together Labour, sooner rather than too late.

It could come down to who would be best at PMQ's  and  no-one comes to mind,  any ideas?

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

It could come down to who would be best at PMQ's  and  no-one comes to mind,  any ideas?

David Davis?