Who Should Replace Boris Johnson?

26 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I don't know what the answer is. I don't blame people for not voting but it's all we've got. Maybe that's what's wrong. 

Our poncy style of government is antiquated and beset with archaic 'traditions' that foster a sense of undeserved entitlement and privilege. Does the House of Commons look like a suitable place of work for the 21st century? Have you seen the poor attendance at your average debate, with just a handful of MPs? It's pretty disgraceful. 

Let's shut it down, and keep it as a museum. Meanwhile build a decent up to date parliament building with the kind of built in tech other countries have, that can move swiftly to meet the challenges of the modern world. Let's have full time MPs who are obliged to come from the areas they represent, with no second jobs other than perhaps an annual period of secondment into a real place of employment where they can mix with the workforce and experience work as it is really lived, or just live in a community different to their own background to enhance their understanding and increase their perspective.

Finally, do away with the 'House of Lords' and have a second house of chosen and elected representatives who can do their job, and maybe includes a balance of some 'ordinary' people who work at the coal face; teachers, nurses, policemen, solicitors, etc.

Just ideas, I'm sure other people will add their own, but let's get the kind of leadership we need and deserve. 

Utopian nightmare 

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

what were they then??

Err, have you ever thought of doing your own homework, by googling what he said? 

Edited by poppet2

6 hours ago, poppet2 said:

Unbelievable, the man who cast aspersions upon the dead at Granfell Tower. 

Mogg always reminds me of Lord Melbury in Fawlty Towers, he’s nowt but a posh con artist.

2 hours ago, poppet2 said:

Err, have you ever thought of doing your own homework, by googling what he said? 

well why dont you enlighten me on what irks you so much in what he said?

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Mogg always reminds me of Lord Melbury in Fawlty Towers, he’s nowt but a posh con artist.

a very clever and eloquent man i would say, unlike some!

3 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

You’re nowt but a **** poor wind up merchant and a cap doffing moron.

14 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You’re nowt but a **** poor wind up merchant and a cap doffing moron.

really?? whys that then....because i have a different opinion to you???? what have you done in life that makes you special? or achieved?

16 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Tell us one thing he’s said that’s very clever 

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

seems to me its the hotel owner basil being rude

17 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Someone once described him as a stupid person's idea of a clever person. He wrote a book about the Victorians that even the Times described as "anathema to anyone with an ounce of historical, or simply common, sense”. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Tell us one thing he’s said that’s very clever 

not what he says but does, google him?

• Having worked for years in finance, he co-founded investment company Somerset Capital Management, currently managing $7.6bn (£5.5bn).

• He first became interested in the stock market aged 10, when his father invested £50 for him. He studied how his shares were performing and by 12 was attending shareholder meetings, quizzing the chairman and voting against proposals he thought were a bad idea.

•  
Just now, Delbow said:

Someone once described him as a stupid person's idea of a clever person. He wrote a book about the Victorians that even the Times described as "anathema to anyone with an ounce of historical, or simply common, sense”. 

seems to have done ok despite it eh?

1 minute ago, ab6262 said:

not what he says but does, google him?

• Having worked for years in finance, he co-founded investment company Somerset Capital Management, currently managing $7.6bn (£5.5bn).

• He first became interested in the stock market aged 10, when his father invested £50 for him. He studied how his shares were performing and by 12 was attending shareholder meetings, quizzing the chairman and voting against proposals he thought were a bad idea.

•  

seems to have done ok despite it eh?

With Daddy's money