Who Should Replace Boris Johnson?

5 minutes ago, websters gue said:

I’ve got a mate who lives in Australia and family in Ireland. When you hear what others think about us it’s clear that Johnson has done some serious damage to this country and its reputation and that’s why I want rid of the man. 

I dont think Australia can say anything about our Covid response

They've been locked in their homes for over 2 years

44 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Labour supporters know that the Labour party have a better chance of doing better at the next general election if Boris is not leading the Tory party.  Keir Starmer also knows this.

Starmer admitted as much yesterday.  

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Starmer admitted as much yesterday.  

Which is a stupid thing to do.

5 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Which is a stupid thing to do.

Yes.  Starmer's basically telling the electorate he's terrified of facing Johnson in a straight fight at a Gen. Election. 

Or in other word he's only popular because Johnson is unpopular.  

Of course, Starmer & his supporters are assuming that he'll still be in post in 3 years time? 

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

hes got us to be the country with the least problem with covid, even though i disagreed with the lockdowns and as soon as there is a bigger news story this old story of parties at no 10 will fade away.

How do you work that out?

For our wealth, the UK has one of the highest excess deaths, perhaps not the highest, but certainly not the best.

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

How do you work that out?

For our wealth, the UK has one of the highest excess deaths, perhaps not the highest, but certainly not the best.

Biggest number of deaths in Europe.

Boris's biggest blunder was to lock down too late, he and the country watched the start of it in Whuan then watched it rip through Italy and Spain and then three months on after it had took hold of this country, then decided the first lockdown, what an idiot.  :roll:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Boris's biggest blunder was to lock down too late, he and the country watched the start of it in Whuan then watched it rip through Italy and Spain and then three months on after it had took hold of this country, then decided the first lockdown, what an idiot.  :roll:

Yes if he ignored advice from his ‘team’ of ‘experts’ and then acted in this manner you would be fully justified in referring to him in this manner. However do you actually believe that he makes monumental decisions such as this without taking ‘expert’ advice?

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

Biggest number of deaths in Europe.

I dont believe the figures.....i think the 28 days of testing positive WITH Covid is extremely precarious 

And most countries will not be recording their deaths as meticulously as us either 🤔

I’m also not sold on the accuracy of reported Covid statistics. 

It’s possible countries have political reasons for distorting their own reported Covid stats.

Also I’m not sure all countries use the same standard when determining Covid deaths, someone dying with Covid is not the same as someone dying because of Covid.

Also how do they measure the number of cases in the community? Are they factoring in what % of the population the number of test results they have represent? Or if people are more inclined to report positive results, than they are negative results?

Edited by Waldo

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I’m also not sold on the accuracy of reported Covid statistics. 

It’s possible countries have political reasons for distorting their own reported Covid stats.

Also I’m not sure all countries use the same standard when determining Covid deaths, someone dying with Covid is not the same as someone dying because of Covid.

Also how do they measure the number of cases in the community? Are they factoring in what % of the population the number of test results they have represent? Or if people are more inclined to report positive results, than they are negative results?

agree the whole thing has been sqewed

15 hours ago, West 77 said:

I agree.

Danish newspaper apology for Covid coverage