Who Should Replace Boris Johnson?

3 hours ago, poppet2 said:

Unbelievable, the man who cast aspersions upon the dead at Granfell Tower. 

what were they then??

Labour can milk the No 10 shindig as much as they like, but what else have they got? Bojo  was elected as the best of a bad bunch and the Tories still crucified Labour at the ballot box. They need a Tony Blair, but are a bit thin on the ground in that area, Bojo can afford to just wait until things quieten down and lead his party into another victory.

dont know what all the fuss is about just about every person i know broke some sort of covid rule in the last 2 years, anyone who says they havent is either a liar or saint!

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

Labour can milk the No 10 shindig as much as they like, but what else have they got? Bojo  was elected as the best of a bad bunch and the Tories still crucified Labour at the ballot box. They need a Tony Blair, but are a bit thin on the ground in that area, Bojo can afford to just wait until things quieten down and lead his party into another victory.

agreed and if they had a BLIAR even less chance of being elected again

2 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

dont know what all the fuss is about just about every person i know broke some sort of covid rule in the last 2 years, anyone who says they havent is either a liar or saint!

3 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Labour don’t tell lies, they loved him whilst he was destroying our technical colleges, sending our armed forces to their deaths and standing down in favour of an unelectable Gordon Brown, he’d walk a battle with Bojo.

I don't know what the answer is. I don't blame people for not voting but it's all we've got. Maybe that's what's wrong. 

Our poncy style of government is antiquated and beset with archaic 'traditions' that foster a sense of undeserved entitlement and privilege. Does the House of Commons look like a suitable place of work for the 21st century? Have you seen the poor attendance at your average debate, with just a handful of MPs? It's pretty disgraceful. 

Let's shut it down, and keep it as a museum. Meanwhile build a decent up to date parliament building with the kind of built in tech other countries have, that can move swiftly to meet the challenges of the modern world. Let's have full time MPs who are obliged to come from the areas they represent, with no second jobs other than perhaps an annual period of secondment into a real place of employment where they can mix with the workforce and experience work as it is really lived, or just live in a community different to their own background to enhance their understanding and increase their perspective.

Finally, do away with the 'House of Lords' and have a second house of chosen and elected representatives who can do their job, and maybe includes a balance of some 'ordinary' people who work at the coal face; teachers, nurses, policemen, solicitors, etc.

Just ideas, I'm sure other people will add their own, but let's get the kind of leadership we need and deserve. 

Edited by Anna B

26 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I don't know what the answer is. I don't blame people for not voting but it's all we've got. Maybe that's what's wrong. 

Our poncy style of government is antiquated and beset with archaic 'traditions' that foster a sense of undeserved entitlement and privilege. Does the House of Commons look like a suitable place of work for the 21st century? Have you seen the poor attendance at your average debate, with just a handful of MPs? It's pretty disgraceful. 

Let's shut it down, and keep it as a museum. Meanwhile build a decent up to date parliament building with the kind of built in tech other countries have, that can move swiftly to meet the challenges of the modern world. Let's have full time MPs who are obliged to come from the areas they represent, with no second jobs other than perhaps an annual period of secondment into a real place of employment where they can mix with the workforce and experience work as it is really lived, or just live in a community different to their own background to enhance their understanding and increase their perspective.

Finally, do away with the 'House of Lords' and have a second house of chosen and elected representatives who can do their job, and maybe includes a balance of some 'ordinary' people who work at the coal face; teachers, nurses, policemen, solicitors, etc.

Just ideas, I'm sure other people will add their own, but let's get the kind of leadership we need and deserve. 

Utopian nightmare 

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

what were they then??

Err, have you ever thought of doing your own homework, by googling what he said? 

Edited by poppet2

6 hours ago, poppet2 said:

Unbelievable, the man who cast aspersions upon the dead at Granfell Tower. 

Mogg always reminds me of Lord Melbury in Fawlty Towers, he’s nowt but a posh con artist.

2 hours ago, poppet2 said:

Err, have you ever thought of doing your own homework, by googling what he said? 

well why dont you enlighten me on what irks you so much in what he said?

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Mogg always reminds me of Lord Melbury in Fawlty Towers, he’s nowt but a posh con artist.

a very clever and eloquent man i would say, unlike some!

3 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

You’re nowt but a **** poor wind up merchant and a cap doffing moron.

14 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You’re nowt but a **** poor wind up merchant and a cap doffing moron.

really?? whys that then....because i have a different opinion to you???? what have you done in life that makes you special? or achieved?