Commonest Reasons To Go To A&E Over Christmas? 'dangerous' gifts

Just idle curiosity really

I wonder if Christmas is different in A&E - are there more accidents related to gifts than alcohol over the festive period?

I am getting a Slackline for Christmas and hope not to end up n hospital, but guess there are other "dangerous" gifts 

4 hours ago, Skink said:

I wonder if Christmas is different in A&E - are there more accidents related to gifts than alcohol over the festive period?

I am getting a Slackline for Christmas and hope not to end up n hospital, but guess there are other "dangerous" gifts 

No, there aren’t more accidents related to gifts than alcohol ( and drugs) over the festive season. Lots of drunks turn up and try and jump the queue. I did a short stint in A& E when I was a nurse, and one night a drunk flattened the nurse I was working with,  with one punch, who was trying to make him take his turn in the queue. Now they have security men on duty.( what is a Slackline ?)

4 hours ago, Skink said:

Cucumbers 😄

This is the most dangerous Xmas gift ever 

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

No, there aren’t more accidents related to gifts than alcohol ( and drugs) over the festive season. Lots of drunks turn up and try and jump the queue. I did a short stint in A& E when I was a nurse, and one night a drunk flattened the nurse I was working with,  with one punch, who was trying to make him take his turn in the queue. Now they have security men on duty.( what is a Slackline ?)

Hello Pattricia click on the link below.

Insane Slacklining by Jaan Roose - The World's First Double Back Flip - YouTube

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Thanks for the link Rockers.

Not tempted to treat yourself to one for Christmas  🎅

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Not tempted to treat yourself to one for Christmas  🎅

No way !

Knew someone who worked in a kitchen equipment store

They reckoned there was an increase in customers cutting themselves when checking to see "how sharp the knives were" at Christmas  . . .

Sadly, @Skink, that doesn't surprise me - as the saying goes 'they walk amongst us':hihi:

I usually get my Baubles entwined with Tinsel at Christmas.

but it's not something i'd bother A&E with 🤣🙃:blush:🤣.

Keep safe out there 🎅.

@Rockers rule🤣🤣🤣

TMI, by the way. :wink:

Edited by RollingJ