Free Install Of W11 Onto Linux Laptop.

I have an old HP laptop with Linux mint on it. Would it be possible to install the free W11 on it just to give it a try?

It is a very old H.P. G6-0-214EM laptop with I think 4 GB RAM. As for the other specs I do not know and I cannot find out at the moment because the battery is flat, due to non use. 

Just had a look at what specs are required for the install and I have got no where near enough. Ah well I will still use Linux. Cheers anyway. You can tell how old it is, it came with Vista  installed.

Edited by Kidorry

6 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I have an old HP laptop with Linux mint on it. Would it be possible to install the free W11 on it just to give it a try?

Windows 11 has an PC Health Check program that you can download that check your system compatibility 

Go to the bottom of this page

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-11-specifications#table1

Edited by Jack Grey

What's the minimum RAM requirement? I'm guessing 16gb?

I think my best option would be to forget it. I still have  P.C. and a chromebook.

the ram wouldnt be the limiting factor initially tbh....  probably wouldnt pass tpm or cpu criteria to start with ( although theres ways around that)

Sorry to slightly hijack this topic, but has w11 that much to offer over w10, I ask as my laptop wont pass the tpm / cpu requirements mentioned, so before trying to get round those issues, I'm trying to decide what advantages I would get.

I've not yet heard anyone raving about the advantages of W11, most say it runs like crap compared to W10.

7 hours ago, geared said:

I've not yet heard anyone raving about the advantages of W11, most say it runs like crap compared to W10.

Well I'm not going to say it's much better, but certainly not slower on any of my PC's. A lot of social media crap (deleted or disabled) Next week I'll test the Gen 4 NVMe to GPU and a few other bits they make claims on. I like my results, not those from 'impartial' sites.

I don't mind it at all. I don't mind Windows 10 at all either! As I've said to others, try it and make your own mind up. Just set it up right. (like you would on any OS)

Thanks for your views, will maybe stick with W10 for as long as its supported.