Jump to content

Coronavirus - Part Three

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It's all falling apart, we will not forgive you

You've not said thank you to us yet.

 

Trastrick is building a monument in our honour. What have you done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sibon said:

You've not said thank you to us yet.

 

Trastrick is building a monument in our honour. What have you done?

 

What have you done? Take a vaccine that only the vulnerable should take. Anyway. it's a lie that you did it for others. That wasn't on the tin at the outset. Stop lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just having an interesting chat on an E Mail group 

One wonders what would have happened if Sweden had been the first European country to get Covid, would everyone have followed them ? And the whole world's response could have been different....
Unfortunately it was the Italians...

This train of thought becomes more significant when one remembers that Ferguson infamously said "We didn't think we could get away with what China did here, but then we saw the Italians do it..."

 

What if......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

 

What have you done? Take a vaccine that only the vulnerable should take. Anyway. it's a lie that you did it for others. That wasn't on the tin at the outset. Stop lying.

You should be nicer. My bloodstream is inextricably linked to your freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can somebody more knowledgeable than me please give me the reassurance that a positive lateral flow test is actually detecting the specific antigen from what we now know as the Covid19 virus? Daft question maybe but it seems strange to me that we are always hearing about the number of "cases" and yet many of them do not involve actual illness.

 

If these test kits had been around then I just wonder how many positive results would have occurred pre-Covid when other Coronaviruses were available, including those that we may have just anecdotally referred to as "just another virus" when offering a possible explanation for some minor symptoms in ourselves or others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

 

What have you done? Take a vaccine that only the vulnerable should take. Anyway. it's a lie that you did it for others. That wasn't on the tin at the outset. Stop lying.

From the beginning and for whatever the motives of the distancing, the masked, the jabbed, the hand washers, the isolators, the homeworkers etc. they did something to delay, flatten out, reduce the impact etc., that would allow time for science, medicine, technology, logistics and human resoucefulness to push back.

Those who did nothing except winge, whine and mock, contributed nothing except copy and paste the American clap trap. Worse, they delayed the pathway out and contributed more harm to others.

 

All of us have been affected, for many the Covid pandemic has been very difficult and to some tragic, listening to you lot winge, whine and mock, then do nothing reminds me of what being responsible means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

To summarise- a FOI request to the Office of National Statistics revealing that a total of just over 17,000 deaths  purely from covid with no other underlying causes; in a country where 700,000 people die each year.

Several billion pounds spent on lockdowns, the damage to civil liberties, public mental health. The figures for those who died through not being able to access non-covid medical treatments [cancer etc] isn't known, but I can't see it being as low as 17,000.

More on this Dave :

 

Just watched one of Dr John Campbell's YouTube videos, and it came out with some astonishing figures.

Prof Sikora reckons 50,000 people have died of cancer who would not normally have died.

The ONS has revealed that the number of people who have died with Covid as the sole cause of death (13 Mar 20 to 7 Jan 22) was 17,371. I can believe this because someone locally put a FofI request into Barnsley General Hospital for the same stats. I cannot remember the exact number but it was under 30.

Of course Covid would have accelerated the deaths of people with existing conditions, but Cambell speculates that may not actually have knocked that much off their lives, where as a man in their early 30s (peak age for testicular cancer diagnosis) has a lot of life to lose out on.

 

 

Edited by Chekhov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

To summarise- a FOI request to the Office of National Statistics revealing that a total of just over 17,000 deaths  purely from covid with no other underlying causes; in a country where 700,000 people die each year.

Several billion pounds spent on lockdowns, the damage to civil liberties, public mental health. The figures for those who died through not being able to access non-covid medical treatments [cancer etc] isn't known, but I can't see it being as low as 17,000.

 

 

 

Professor Karol Sikora estimates UK excess cancer deaths at 50,000 over the last 18 months.

It’s in this video together with more thoughts on the FOI 17,000 figure for deaths caused purely by Covid.

 

 

Chekhov, you beat me to it!

Edited by Jim Hardie
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Can somebody more knowledgeable than me please give me the reassurance that a positive lateral flow test is actually detecting the specific antigen from what we now know as the Covid19 virus? Daft question maybe but it seems strange to me that we are always hearing about the number of "cases" and yet many of them do not involve actual illness.

 

If these test kits had been around then I just wonder how many positive results would have occurred pre-Covid when other Coronaviruses were available, including those that we may have just anecdotally referred to as "just another virus" when offering a possible explanation for some minor symptoms in ourselves or others.

Lateral flow testing has been around for decades-its glorified chromatography.

You can test for a huge range of things from foods, mineral, medicines, drugs, blood, diseases, poisons, even groups of things-anything chemical really.

They can be quick and cheap or very accurate and expensive.

You make them for a specific Coronavirus or a whole range of Coronaviruses(if you needed to detect a new variety or even type).

They can be designed to measure quantity as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It's all falling apart, we will not forgive you all. 

I don't think people need to worry. No one is going to be seeking you out looking for forgiveness. You aren't Jesus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sibon said:

You should be nicer. My bloodstream is inextricably linked to your freedom.

Nah, I'm the pure blood mate. My sperm is going to be worth  ££££££££

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

From the beginning and for whatever the motives of the distancing, the masked, the jabbed, the hand washers, the isolators, the homeworkers etc. they did something to delay, flatten out, reduce the impact etc., that would allow time for science, medicine, technology, logistics and human resoucefulness to push back.

Those who did nothing except winge, whine and mock, contributed nothing except copy and paste the American clap trap. Worse, they delayed the pathway out and contributed more harm to others.

 

All of us have been affected, for many the Covid pandemic has been very difficult and to some tragic, listening to you lot winge, whine and mock, then do nothing reminds me of what being responsible means.

 

St. Annie returns.

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

I don't think people need to worry. No one is going to be seeking you out looking for forgiveness. You aren't Jesus. 

 

Bless you my son. If I had some fish and loafs left I'd give you some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.