Jump to content


Coronavirus - Part Three

Recommended Posts

You can tell the suppressionists are on the run because they are attacking the messengers all over the place. They certainly are doing so on here, but also, apparently on Twitter.

 

An E Mail group I am on has a few on Twitter and they are all reporting that loads of suppressionists are reporting / complaining about tweets celebrating the end of masks etc. AFAIK, I'm not on Twitter myself (thank God), I get the impression there's an automatic limitation imposed if enough people "complain" ?

 

It really shows what these people are like trying to silence those who disagree with them, and even more so when the latter are proving to be right. Remember when some of them were coming up with spurious nonsense about "altering quotes" so as to get the post deleted. Anything to censor stuff they don't like, just like they did back in Spring 2020 trying to got posts deleted which said kids were at no risk from Covid....... 

Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day in the life of a bloke who favours a proportionate response to events.

He has demonstrated in so many ways how proportionate he is in his reactions to daily events that most take in their stride.

Obviously still smarting that I asked for an alteration to my post to be removed .Thanks to the mods for that.He tried to censor my post!

As for who is pathetic others can and have judged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the deadly effects of the Conspiracy Theorist/anti-vaxx/Covid denying/anti-science/far-right/anti-mask have been swamped by the 90% of the population who have taken active steps to protect them we can start looking forward again.

 

Next time you should:

consider the delay you caused to the lifting of restrictions

consider how many more people became ill or died because of your inaction

consider the positive roles of the 'conscientious objectors' next time 

 

And why?

Why did you spend days on American social media and then copying their stuff on here?

Why would anybody spend so much time and effort on a tiny local forum like this?

Why did you lot fail to have any impact?

Did you persuade anybody?

 

But it made you feel good, didn't it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Another day in the life of a bloke who favours a proportionate response to events.

He has demonstrated in so many ways how proportionate he is in his reactions to daily events that most take in their stride.

Obviously still smarting that I asked for an alteration to my post to be removed .Thanks to the mods for that.He tried to censor my post!

As for who is pathetic others can and have judged.

As far as I can remember I have never tried to get post deleted, other than Mr Meltman when he made up some accusation of lying about me.  Which, incidentally, he still hasn't backed up with a any evidence, yet I do not think it has been deleted ?

 I do find it strange how some esoteric made up issue with quotes resulted in a post being deleted but someone making up an accusation of lying did not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

You can tell the suppressionists are on the run because they are attacking the messengers all over the place. They certainly are doing so on here, but also, apparently on Twitter.

An E Mail group I am on has a few on Twitter and they are all reporting that loads of suppressionists are reporting / complaining about tweets celebrating the end of masks etc. AFAIK, I'm not on Twitter myself (thank God), I get the impression there's an automatic limitation imposed if enough people "complain" ?

It really shows what these people are like trying to silence those who disagree with them, and even more so when the latter are proving to be right. Remember when some of them were coming up with spurious nonsense about "altering quotes" so as to get the post deleted. Anything to censor stuff they don't like, just like they did back in Spring 2020 trying to got posts deleted which said kids were at no risk from Covid....... 

Pathetic.

Furthermore, I am told, they are "blocking" those pointing out masks are going and all the evidence they never worked particularly well anyway.

That's really sad, and revelatory, they can't argue their point, so they just block people, which tells you all you need to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Whatever you think of Nigel Farage, he’s offered up some food for thought here. I don’t believe it’s as cut and dried as he’s suggesting, but the doctor seems to agree with the central premise of his argument.

 

 

To summarise- a FOI request to the Office of National Statistics revealing that a total of just over 17,000 deaths  purely from covid with no other underlying causes; in a country where 700,000 people die each year.

Several billion pounds spent on lockdowns, the damage to civil liberties, public mental health. The figures for those who died through not being able to access non-covid medical treatments [cancer etc] isn't known, but I can't see it being as low as 17,000.

 

9 hours ago, sibon said:

I'd boost tomorrow if I needed to. 

 

You should thank me. It is because of the 95%  like me that you are free.

 

Now. This two month vaccine thing. Is it made up like your bravery?  Do you have any evidence to give us from behind your sofa?

 

Stop being shy. Post your evidence. 

He's not asking what you would do, but what you did.

9 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Come on sweetie, how long after the 2nd did you have the booster. Be a big boy and tell us, there's no need to be shy. Or are you ashamed? Embarrassed? Regretful?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

attacking the messengers all over the place

 

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Mr Meltman

Still using  deluded playground etiquette 

Edited by steve68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Remember when some of them were coming up with spurious nonsense about "altering quotes"

you mean they objected to your tactic, of breaking the the forum rules on altering other peoples posts adding content,  rewriting

with your own content.  must be odd some would object that behavior, or possibly just pig ugly.

Edited by steve68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RJRB said:

He's just the labourer on the shop floor telling the MD and finance director where they are going wrong.Loud but no more.

Yes, he doesn't appear to "know his place". The gall of the man!

 

But he who questions authority in a civilized manner, will never be a dependent slave of "the powers that be".

 

Let's hear it for "laborers"!

Edited by trastrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

To summarise- a FOI request to the Office of National Statistics revealing that a total of just over 17,000 deaths  purely from covid with no other underlying causes; in a country where 700,000 people die each year.

Several billion pounds spent on lockdowns, the damage to civil liberties, public mental health. The figures for those who died through not being able to access non-covid medical treatments [cancer etc] isn't known, but I can't see it being as low as 17,000.

I was talking to someone last night who read about a FofI request to to Barnsley hospital as to how many people died purely and definitely of Covid over the last 18 months, and I even I was surprised about how low the figure was, under 30 as far as I can remember.

I accept that many others almost certainly had their lives cut short to a greater or lesser extent, but it is a thought provoking statistic none the less. When someone dies it does matter how long they have to live and what their quality of life is like as to just how sad it actually is.

Edited by Chekhov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fools said:

Many places did last Sept/Oct/Nov, you needed a covid pass to go to a typical 1000+ theatre.

I believe Sheffield City Trust (ex Sheffield International Venues) demanded the equivalent of vaccine passports to get into their theatres - City Hall etc - even before then became mandated, so I just avoided them and immediately deleted all their advertising E mails (don't tell my wife ! ).

SCT / SIV ? Typical of them, I have very little respect for their upper management, believe me I know from personal experience they have abused their power more than once and been disingenuous (I'd say worse than that...) in what they have said to at least one Sheffield Councillor.

 

On a general note public sector, or semi public sector, organisations tend to be even more OTT on H&S than all the rest.....

Edited by Chekhov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.