Jump to content

Coronavirus - Part Three

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The NHS is a public service and i care about it as much i do about the DVSA or the Inland Revenue

 

I do not live my life around the NHS and what could happen.

 

I pay a lot taxes so i can live my life and enjoy my freedom.

 

We dont stop people sky diving, riding bicycles or having sex without protection

 

These people are using the NHS as a weapon to get people to stop doing things they dont like......climate change is the new weapon they are using to force their views on others.

 

Sneering finger pointing curtain twitching virtue signallers who should worry about themselves and their families and keep their noses out of everyone else's business.   

 

 

What's the government stopping you from doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Delayed said:

What's the government stopping you from doing?

What are the current rules in England?


The government is sticking to a set of rules known as Plan B. These include:

 

  • Compulsory face coverings in most indoor public venues, including theatres and cinemas - as well as on public transport and in shops and hairdressers - but not in pubs or restaurants, or venues such as gyms where it's "not practical"
  • People should work from home "if they can", and are advised to take lateral flow tests before entering any "high-risk setting", such as a workplace
  • People need to show that they're vaccinated, have recently tested negative (or are exempt) to gain entry to nightclubs and large-scale events
  • The education secretary has also announced that secondary school pupils will have to wear face coverings in class until 26 January at the earliest, and that they would all be tested before returning to school this week.

 

What are the Covid rules in Scotland?


New rules were introduced after Christmas to be reviewed on 11 January. They place limits on the size of live public events:

 

  • Indoors - 100 standing or 200 seated
  • Outdoors - 500 seated or standing
  • Football matches have become effectively spectator-free, and non-professional indoor contact sports has been halted. Nightclubs are closed. Life events like weddings are not affected.
  • Pubs, bars and other hospitality venues are operating with table service only. One-metre (3ft) social distancing is advised in these settings, with no more than three households in each group.
  • Other restrictions include:
  • people asked to limit social contact to two other households - and to use lateral flow tests before meeting
  • shops and businesses to take measures to limit the spread of Covid
  • care home visits limited to two households (who need to be tested)
  • employers have a legal duty to let staff work from home
  • face coverings compulsory on public transport and most indoor spaces
     

What are the Covid rules in Wales?


New rules introduced after Christmas include:

 

  • social distancing of 2m (6ft) in all premises open to the public and workplaces, where reasonable
  • gatherings limited to six people in premises such as hospitality venues, cinemas and theatres
  • licensed premises to take additional measures to protect customers and staff, including table service and collecting contact details
  • large events not allowed - with maximum numbers of 30 at an indoor event and 50 outdoors
  • nightclubs must close
  • large sporting events to be played behind closed doors
  • For smaller sporting events, up to 50 spectators are allowed. There is an exception for events involving children.
  • Other measures include:
  • NHS Covid Pass needed for entry to cinemas, theatres and concert halls, and many other events
  • working from home wherever possible
  • compulsory face coverings in schools, on public transport, and in shops and hospitals
  • advice to wear masks in pubs and restaurants, when not eating or drinking
     

What are the Covid rules in Northern Ireland?


Under the post-Christmas rules in Northern Ireland:

 

  • nightclubs are closed
  • dancing in all hospitality venues not allowed
  • all indoor standing events not allowed
  • hospitality venues including pubs, cafes and restaurants can offer table service only
  • in hospitality venues a maximum of six people (or 10 from a single household) allowed at a table (excluding children aged 12 and under)
  • businesses must take measures to achieve 2m social distancing and limit the spread of Covid in office spaces
  • businesses to promote use of face coverings
  • These measures do not apply to weddings or civil partnership celebrations.
  • Household mixing should also be limited to a maximum of three households, the government says.
  • Other measures include:
  • face coverings compulsory in shops, indoor-seated venues and visitor attractions, public transport and some other settings
  • post-primary pupils must wear a face covering inside school buildings, as well as on school transport. Staff are encouraged to wear masks in school areas where they can't socially distance
  • Covid passport scheme for venues including bars and cinemas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

What are the current rules in England?


The government is sticking to a set of rules known as Plan B. These include:

 

  • Compulsory face coverings in most indoor public venues, including theatres and cinemas - as well as on public transport and in shops and hairdressers - but not in pubs or restaurants, or venues such as gyms where it's "not practical"
  • People should work from home "if they can", and are advised to take lateral flow tests before entering any "high-risk setting", such as a workplace
  • People need to show that they're vaccinated, have recently tested negative (or are exempt) to gain entry to nightclubs and large-scale events
  • The education secretary has also announced that secondary school pupils will have to wear face coverings in class until 26 January at the earliest, and that they would all be tested before returning to school this week.

 

What are the Covid rules in Scotland?


New rules were introduced after Christmas to be reviewed on 11 January. They place limits on the size of live public events:

 

  • Indoors - 100 standing or 200 seated
  • Outdoors - 500 seated or standing
  • Football matches have become effectively spectator-free, and non-professional indoor contact sports has been halted. Nightclubs are closed. Life events like weddings are not affected.
  • Pubs, bars and other hospitality venues are operating with table service only. One-metre (3ft) social distancing is advised in these settings, with no more than three households in each group.
  • Other restrictions include:
  • people asked to limit social contact to two other households - and to use lateral flow tests before meeting
  • shops and businesses to take measures to limit the spread of Covid
  • care home visits limited to two households (who need to be tested)
  • employers have a legal duty to let staff work from home
  • face coverings compulsory on public transport and most indoor spaces
     

What are the Covid rules in Wales?


New rules introduced after Christmas include:

 

  • social distancing of 2m (6ft) in all premises open to the public and workplaces, where reasonable
  • gatherings limited to six people in premises such as hospitality venues, cinemas and theatres
  • licensed premises to take additional measures to protect customers and staff, including table service and collecting contact details
  • large events not allowed - with maximum numbers of 30 at an indoor event and 50 outdoors
  • nightclubs must close
  • large sporting events to be played behind closed doors
  • For smaller sporting events, up to 50 spectators are allowed. There is an exception for events involving children.
  • Other measures include:
  • NHS Covid Pass needed for entry to cinemas, theatres and concert halls, and many other events
  • working from home wherever possible
  • compulsory face coverings in schools, on public transport, and in shops and hospitals
  • advice to wear masks in pubs and restaurants, when not eating or drinking
     

What are the Covid rules in Northern Ireland?


Under the post-Christmas rules in Northern Ireland:

 

  • nightclubs are closed
  • dancing in all hospitality venues not allowed
  • all indoor standing events not allowed
  • hospitality venues including pubs, cafes and restaurants can offer table service only
  • in hospitality venues a maximum of six people (or 10 from a single household) allowed at a table (excluding children aged 12 and under)
  • businesses must take measures to achieve 2m social distancing and limit the spread of Covid in office spaces
  • businesses to promote use of face coverings
  • These measures do not apply to weddings or civil partnership celebrations.
  • Household mixing should also be limited to a maximum of three households, the government says.
  • Other measures include:
  • face coverings compulsory in shops, indoor-seated venues and visitor attractions, public transport and some other settings
  • post-primary pupils must wear a face covering inside school buildings, as well as on school transport. Staff are encouraged to wear masks in school areas where they can't socially distance
  • Covid passport scheme for venues including bars and cinemas

So looking at England, it looks like the government arent stopping you from doing anything and are asking you to take precautions when you do certain things.

 

With the exception of working from home, where you can. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Delayed said:

So looking at England, it looks like the government arent stopping you from doing anything and are asking you to take precautions when you do certain things.

 

With the exception of working from home, where you can. 

 

 

Im not an English citizen.....im a British citizen 

 

I will not be happy until all those restrictions and mass testing has ended

 

👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Im not an English citizen.....im a British citizen 

 

I will not be happy until all those restrictions and mass testing has ended

 

👍

 

 

I never said you weren't a Brit Cit but as you are posting on Sheffield forum it's reasonable to assume you live in England.

 

So you aren't being prevented from doing anything and seems more like a case that you just don't like being advised what to do by the government

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I never said you weren't a Brit Cit but as you are posting on Sheffield forum it's reasonable to assume you live in England.

 

So you aren't being prevented from doing anything and seems more like a case that you just don't like being advised what to do by the government

This is pointless

 

We have very different views so lets just agree to disagree 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chekhov said:

Jack Grey said:
Absolutely.....the vaccine reduces the risk of hospitalisation. 

Ive been vaccinated but that was my choice

What other people choose to do is none of my business....or yours 

Why do you persist with this inconsistent rubbish.

Obese people put far more strain on the NHS, if you are going to be consistent (always a problem for suppressionists) you should be arguing for obesity passports. If not you should shut up with this cobblers.

And then you call me a ‘suppressionist’? 🤣

 

Not interested in your reductionist strawman. The NHS was resourced for obesity, moreover with an ever-wider array of policies in place. Comparing the current and future demands placed on it by Covid to obesity, which is hardly contagious, is absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, L00b said:

And then you call me a ‘suppressionist’? 🤣

 

Not interested in your reductionist strawman. The NHS was resourced for obesity, moreover with an ever-wider array of policies in place. Comparing the current and future demands placed on it by Covid to obesity, which is hardly contagious, is absurd.

I didnt call you a suppressionist

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Grey said:

I didnt call you a suppressionist

I didn’t say that you did. Are you double-posting as Chekhov?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, L00b said:

It should be, when you and the rest of society are paying for their healthcare, and your own access to that healthcare ends up restricted by their choices.

As as been pointed out a tedious number of times, it is an invalid argument.  Unless the same stance is taken against obese people, skydivers etc, etc.

52 minutes ago, melthebell said:

the point is, lies, people like you and your cronies propogating lies around the internet that sadly leads to ends like this, your "fun" has real world consequences, if she had been vaccinated she'd still be alive.

You're zero evidence for that outrageous claim. Vaccinated people have died of covid, so 'if she had been vaccinated she'd still be alive' is clearly not necessarily true.

8 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I never said you weren't a Brit Cit but as you are posting on Sheffield forum it's reasonable to assume you live in England.

 

 

We've got at least one regular poster from France here.

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

And then you call me a ‘suppressionist’? 🤣

 

Not interested in your reductionist strawman. The NHS was resourced for obesity, moreover with an ever-wider array of policies in place. Comparing the current and future demands placed on it by Covid to obesity, which is hardly contagious, is absurd.

What does 'The NHS was resourced for obesity,' mean??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, L00b said:

I didn’t say that you did. Are you double-posting as Chekhov?

Nope...you quoted me Jack Grey 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

As as been pointed out a tedious number of times, it is an invalid argument.  Unless the same stance is taken against obese people, skydivers etc, etc.

(…)

Your wishing the argument to be invalid, does not make it so.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

(…)

We've got at least one regular poster from France here.

Hope that wasn’t a reference to me, else you must be mistaking me for Longcol 😉

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Nope...you quoted me Jack Grey 👍

Nope, Chekhov quoted you in his post, that I responded to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.