COVID THREAD

38 minutes ago, Magilla said:

That would be the Anti-vaxx/Suppressionist and/or Conspiracy Theorist...

...but cheers for highlighting your inability to comprehend basic concepts, again! :?

Also explains why you can't remember you own claims over in the Trump thread! :thumbsup: :hihi:

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Sure, because of all people they're the ones who're definitely going to be vaxxed... right?

So much for that "basic common sense"! :hihi:

I think Trastrick has supplied ample evidence that there are possible doubts over the efficacy of the vaccine in post 9347. 

Note I said 'possible' doubts. 

To blindly follow without at least considering the possibility that the vaccine itself could be harmful to some is certainly not common sense.

Certainly for those at risk,  eg the elderly, the immunosupressed etc, the benefits of having the vaccine probably outweigh the risk. But for the young and the healthy? 

Trastick says he has had the vaccine, as have I, so your jibe doesn't hold water, but I have also seen the damage it can do to some. I believe the actual evidence for this will eventually come out, probably in about 30 years (as all medical negligence cases seem to take this long) when all the information is gathered and, crucially, made available, and there is an official enquiry. 

15 hours ago, Litotes said:

Why? What evidence do you have that suggests that not getting the jab outweighs the benefits of getting it?

I am sure that the whole world would want to see this evidence (factual not opinionated).

Personally I do not think anyone should have any medical procedure they do not need, and the fact is healthy people under 30 are at such low risk from Covid I personally cannot see the point in getting vaccinated against it. 

15 hours ago, sibon said:

He’s got graphs you know

I've got facts, which differ from the ****** we were told during the pandemic :

Mid March 2020 : "We could have half a million Covid deaths in the UK"
19 March 2020 : "12 weeks to flatten the curve".

Late March 2020 : "This virus is indiscriminate"

May 2020 : "Politicians have become more cautious about immunisation prospects. They are right to be"
November 2020 : "Modelling suggests 4,000 deaths per day worst case scenario".
Spring 2021 : "Get double vaccinated to get out of Covid and back to normal" (it actually took a further year).
July 2021 : "Freedom day is irresponsible, we could have 200K cases per day by August".
11 Dec 2021 : "Omicron could cause 75,000 deaths in England by end of April"

Dec 2021 : "Central estimate" 2890 Omicron deaths a day

15 Dec 2021 : "Omicron likely to be the biggest threat of Covid pandemic so far".

Edited by Chekhov

The only Covid deniers/Ant-vax/Suppressionist and/or Conspiracy Theorist I know of are on here.

They are typified:

by having dead or sick vaccinated pals- unlike the general population.

by repeating over and over again really old quotes.

quotes which contain "could" or "likely"  become certainties.

by having known political agendas.

blindly reject any statistical evidence from regional, national and international government or independent bodies.

keep inventing a a group called 'they' who are obviously evil. 

continually repeat far right American instigated propaganda.

... and are really boring.

The only thing that changes is the flavour of their negativity. Starting off as denying Covid was anything more than a bad cold, moved onto jumping on the antivaccine bandwagon and now the great heroes of anti government suppression.

Do what you want say what you want but don't put real peoples lives at risk.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sibon said:

He’s got graphs you know

Oh god, now you've done it.  It works like looking in a mirror and saying 'bloody Mary' five times, you know.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Oh god, now you've done it.  It works like looking in a mirror and saying 'bloody Mary' five times, you know.

He’s outflanked me. He’s swapped poorly interpreted graphs for a selection of confirmation biased quotes masquerading as facts.

You just can’t trust anyone these days.

2 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Wearing a mask never bothered me to be honest.

Nor me, I still do on the bus, in shops and on cars when I get a lift.

It's about respect for others

On 04/07/2022 at 09:09, trastrick said:

In the purely literal sense, that is true.

But science progresses through a preponderance of observed evidence, which one can accept, or not,  as "proof".

As in:

Humans have evolved from lower animals

A spoonful of arsenic willl kill you.

People die.

There is a "heaven" where all good  Christians go.

The Earth is flat.

But to have a useful conversation, we neeed to limit the semantic and metaphysical rabbit holes such as one's relationship with a Miss Marple, or your oft repeated non scientic postulate of "Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists".

So I'm happy to re-phrase the question:

Do you have a a link to any scientific preponderance of evidence, that "Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists are far, far more likely to die from the vaccine"  ?

Do not edit or misquote me*.

For your benefit I will repeat my previous response:

"Are you serious?

There is absolutely no science involved."

So there cannot be a scientific anything link.

In fact it is the opposite of the scientific method, it is called deduction, the method so beloved by Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists like you lot.

My deduction is:

The only Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists I know of, post on here.

Between them they repeatedly claim a statistically improbable high number of vaccine casualties amongst their acquaintances.

As this is not repeated in the general population(the gullible), there must be a 'connection' between knowing a Covid denier/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionist and/or Conspiracy Theorist and death by covid vaccine.

Therefore *"... people who know Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists are far, far more likely to die from the vaccine. 

Blessed are the gullible for they shall inherit protection from the virus.

The author Agatha Christie wrote about Miss Marple who on visits to family or friends would end up  solving the murder of somebody she was visiting - hence people have speculated that knowing Miss Marple increased the chances of an untimely death. Similarly living in Midsomer would drastically increase your chances of being murdered.

PS  "...science progresses through a preponderance of observed evidence...".

If you define "preponderance" as 

"1: a superiority in weight, power, importance, or strength

2a: a superiority or excess in number or quantity

b: majority" Merriam-Webster.

Then you understanding of the scientific method is approaching zero.

Absolutely not.

• Haha 1

Just now, Annie Bynnol said:

Do not edit or misquote me*.

For your benefit I will repeat my previous response:

"Are you serious?

There is absolutely no science involved."

So there cannot be a scientific anything link.

In fact it is the opposite of the scientific method, it is called deduction, the method so beloved by Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists like you lot.

My deduction is:

The only Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists I know of, post on here.

Between them they repeatedly claim a statistically improbable high number of vaccine casualties amongst their acquaintances.

As this is not repeated in the general population(the gullible), there must be a 'connection' between knowing a Covid denier/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionist and/or Conspiracy Theorist and death by covid vaccine.

Therefore *"... people who know Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists are far, far more likely to die from the vaccine. 

Blessed are the gullible for they shall inherit protection from the virus.

The author Agatha Christie wrote about Miss Marple who on visits to family or friends would end up  solving the murder of somebody she was visiting - hence people have speculated that knowing Miss Marple increased the chances of an untimely death. Similarly living in Midsomer would drastically increase your chances of being murdered.

PS  "...science progresses through a preponderance of observed evidence...".

If you define "preponderance" as 

"1: a superiority in weight, power, importance, or strength

2a: a superiority or excess in number or quantity

b: majority" Merriam-Webster.

Then you understanding of the scientific method is approaching zero.

Absolutely not.

I'll leave to your obsession with "Covid deniers/Anti-vaxx/Suppressionists and Conspiracy Theorists like you lot".

And your Miss Marple novels!

Have nice day Annie! 

Edited by trastrick

16 hours ago, sibon said:

He’s outflanked me. He’s swapped poorly interpreted graphs for a selection of confirmation biased quotes masquerading as facts.

You just can’t trust anyone these days.

They re all genuine quotes or statements from the government or the "experts" you are so fond of quoting.

I am more than happy to provide the original source for any of them, you only have to ask.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Just to annoy certain people, all hospital trusts in Wales insist or ask for mask wearing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62040048

I feel very sorry for the staff, the rest of us can just claim an exemption, they can't.

Edited by Chekhov