COVID THREAD

39 minutes ago, trastrick said:

C'mon, be honest. If there was a MAGA logo on the poster, It would be front page news.

Probably another Pelosi Congressional Hearing into "Misinformation".  Even Impeachment 3

Selective outrage rules:  "just a dumb mistake, a gaffe", 

:)

not really no, youre another one that fails to think before you start typing. 99.9% of people probably wouldnt even see or care about that poster no matter what was on it.

Just now, melthebell said:

not really no, youre another one that fails to think before you start typing. 99.9% of people probably wouldnt even see or care about that poster no matter what was on it.

I agree.

But you underestimate the MSM, my friend.

You wouldn't have to search for it.  :)

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

So ive done a bit of research and managed to find a pdf of the programme, i did find the page, page 35 and it does feature the words stay at home.

https://www.bedrace.co.uk/downloads/2022-Bed-Race-Programme.pdf

I'm not sure what message they are trying to give apart from stay safe, but i do think its a mistake and they just copied the whole section? and shouldve deleted that bit.

Its funny how you anti covid restrictions lot latch onto a couple of words though and then use it as some form of weapon to "prove" your point, not sure what point this is trying to prove though, apart from maybe they made a mistake.

The point I am proving is that the world, particularly as regards Covid, has gone mad.

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

It's real.  And it's clearly some bod at the volunteer group that organises the event who's put in the wrong graphic.  Probably so they can chuckle at frothers like our friend here getting all purple-faced about it.

Who put the organisers logos on it ?

So you are saying  it went through the whole production process and nobody thought to say anything ?
Would that be because, err, the whole world has gone so OTT about Covid they didn't think it was unusual enough to warrant investigation ?

And I am not "frothing", I am laughing (literally), as did the people round us at the event when we pointed it out to them.....

Edited by Chekhov

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

You posted as I did.  That sound you can hear is Chekhov hopping into the barrel and scraping out the last bit of outrage.

You mean the last bit of humour, surely ?

It really is that ludicrous it's genuinely funny esp this bit :

So, they invite you to an event, even laying on a free P&R, and then tell you that you shouldn't have come !

Come on, even you must think that's amusing.....

48 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Most people won't be outraged by this .  Chekhov gets worked up over anything about Covid.

Who is outraged,  I'm ****ing myslef !

And it is not Covid which angers me, it's society being suppressed in a draconian fashion which was never warranted for a virus which even before vaccines 99% of people were surviving and the average age of death was actually older than the average age of death for everything else (about 83 v about 82.5).

And the bill for this madness is arriving as we speak......

BTW, why should I have to pay it when I never wanted it anyway ?

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

And it is not Covid which angers me, it's society being suppressed in a draconian fashion which was never warranted for a virus which even before vaccines, 99% of people were surviving and the average age of death was actually older than the average age of death for everything else (about 83 v about 82.5)......

sigh and around and around we go

The point is older people die.............but they may have 1 year, 2 years, 10 years left who knows, who gives you the right to decide they can die now? They might be enjoying the time left with their families etc?

Younger people could still pass it on to them, and the vulnerable, which is WHY you shut down society to try and keep a lid on it. you fail repeatedly to see this point though. Im glad you wasnt living through the blitz, the draconian laws there to protect people, you couldnt even switch a light on or have a curtain open......how dare they.

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You mean the last bit of humour, surely ?

It really is that ludicrous it's genuinely funny esp this bit :

So, they invite you to an event, even laying on a free P&R, and then tell you that you shouldn't have come !

Come on, even you must think that's amusing.....

Who is outraged,  I'm ****ing myslef !

And it is not Covid which angers me, it's society being suppressed in a draconian fashion which was never warranted for a virus which even before vaccines 99% of people were surviving and the average age of death was actually older than the average age of death for everything else (about 83 v about 82.5).

And the bill for this madness is arriving as we speak......

BTW, why should I have to pay it when I never wanted it anyway ?

Nobody wanted it. But when it came around they didn't know how it was going to effect people. That's why they put in place the restrictions.  But you seem to know better that everyone else so.  You don't seem to care about protecting others if it inconveniences you.

59 minutes ago, melthebell said:

sigh and around and around we go

The point is older people die.............but they may have 1 year, 2 years, 10 years left who knows, who gives you the right to decide they can die now? They might be enjoying the time left with their families etc?

Younger people could still pass it on to them, and the vulnerable, which is WHY you shut down society to try and keep a lid on it. you fail repeatedly to see this point though. Im glad you wasnt living through the blitz, the draconian laws there to protect people, you couldnt even switch a light on or have a curtain open......how dare they.

54 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Nobody wanted it. But when it came around they didn't know how it was going to effect people. That's why they put in place the restrictions.  But you seem to know better that everyone else so.  You don't seem to care about protecting others if it inconveniences you.

The restrictions on people's lives during the Blitz were as nothing compared to what they were during the pandemic. I recommend you read up on it.... Hold on, you did live through it, the pandemic that is, have you already forgotten......

>>The point is older people die.............but they may have 1 year, 2 years, 10 years left who knows, who gives you the right to decide they can die now? They might be enjoying the time left with their families etc?<<

Even in mid March 2020 people were doing their own risk assessments and acting accordingly, there was no need for all this draconian locking everyone down, which, by the way did massive to society and the economy (which we are just starting to pay for now.....).

Funnily enough, and this is absolutely true, over the weekend 14/15 March 2020 we'd arranged to travel down to Gloucester and see two Aunts of mine, both mid 80s. One was in a care home and one still living in her own house. The one living in her own house said her daughters had advised he not to meet up with anyone under the circumstances and the care home had already stopped people going in. In the event we went all that way and only saw my cousin because his wife has health problems and didn't want to go to a pub for a meal. And this was all BEFORE the government told everyone we'd be locking everyone in. IT WAS UNNECESSARY . They should have given people an accurate estimate of their risk (which they knew even then) and advised them, then left it up to them.

And that's what they should be doing in a free democracy anyway.

Trust the people to make their own decisions about their own lives.....

Lastly, it is entirely possible, maybe even probable, that if you deduct all those who are going to die younger as a result of all the suppression (e.g. 50,000 cancer patients diagnosed late) that no lives at all were saved.

Edited by Chekhov

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Trust the people to make their own decisions about their own lives.....

no, because the whole point is, you arent just making a decision on your life your making a decision on the lives of everybody you come across, yet again you highlight nothing more than your own selfishness.

Edited by melthebell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

The point I am proving is that the world, particularly as regards Covid, has gone mad. ...

You need a break and a different hobby.  It's obvious that the last couple of years have warped your perception.  Take some time away from the forum.

Despite what Checkov keeps trying to say, more than 100 London transport workers have died due to Coronavirus, these arent old, these are workers, pre retirement. its quite a lot of deaths for one single city, and one single job.

Also as i have said, at the start we actually locked down a couple of weeks too late. this report says the same thing, most of these sadly contracted it BEFORE we locked down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61776250

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

IT WAS UNNECESSARY .

It's already happened. Get over it!!

Even those at the upper age groups lost many years of expected life

• Like 1