COVID THREAD

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

It was a discussion about Covid propaganda, the clip was circulating on Twitter under the banner "never forget these people" and showed a pro-vaccine stance so biased it was laughable, it was pertinent to the conversation and something that coming from a supposedly impartial broadcaster that even you as a believer of this garbage should be concerned about.

I don’t watch such crap either first hand or any other source.

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

The covid vaccines are the most scrutinised medical intervention ever.

And as safe as they come.

🤣 I thought this specimen couldn't go any further with trying to convince himself then he posts this, as Peter Sellers once sang Goodness Gracious Me. 🤣

Just now, RJRB said:

I don’t watch such crap either first hand or any other source.

Neither do, I despise the programme but it shows what absolute garbage the BBC was pushing into peoples living rooms.

Guest sibon
Just now, top4718 said:

🤣 I thought this specimen couldn't go any further with trying to convince himself then he posts this, as Peter Sellers once sang Goodness Gracious Me. 🤣

It is self evidently true. Tell me of another medical intervention that has been more scrutinised.

And get your ignore button fixed.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Neither do, I despise the programme but it shows what absolute garbage the BBC was pushing into peoples living rooms.

Garbage obviously come from many sources and we have seen examples from Facebook ,Twitter,Fox News,Trump,Spotify. etc.etc.

Sheffield Forum too.

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

Garbage obviously come from many sources and we have seen examples from Facebook ,Twitter,Fox News,Trump,Spotify. etc.etc.

Sheffield Forum too.

None of those are national broadcasters who claim to be impartial when I last looked. 

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

None of those are national broadcasters who claim to be impartial when I last looked. 

Fox News is and others are included in my etc.etc.

As previously mentioned by me many times some people cannot differentiate between the reporting of a news item,and the ensuing discussions and comment.

If I was interested in farming then I would listen to FarmingToday rather than The Archers

Just now, RJRB said:

Fox News is and others are included in my etc.etc.

As previously mentioned by me many times some people cannot differentiate between the reporting of a news item,and the ensuing discussions and comment.

If I was interested in farming then I would listen to FarmingToday rather than The Archers

Your totally missing the point (perhaps deliberately) many people who watch Eastenders will be the elderly who don't have access to social media, for many what this vile programme puts out will have a big influence on them, if your happy for biased garbage like that to be broadcast you might be better moving to North Korea.

Guest sibon
14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Your totally missing the point (perhaps deliberately) many people who watch Eastenders will be the elderly who don't have access to social media, for many what this vile programme puts out will have a big influence on them, if your happy for biased garbage like that to be broadcast you might be better moving to North Korea.

Hi Tops.

According to the BBC market research people, you are bang on the demographic that watches Eastenders.

You need to watch your step. You might get unduly influenced. 

1 hour ago, sibon said:

It is self evidently true. Tell me of another medical intervention that has been more scrutinised.

And get your ignore button fixed.

I think it’s working ok 👍 

15 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Unfortunately you are wrong. All stock on the mainline, and soon on heritage lines as well, cannot have any window which opens far enough for anyone to put their head out of.

>>Passengers are far less aware of the dangers of open windows as generations pass<<

Do you mean people are getting stupider as the generations pass ? This is actually possible because one of the side effects of so many safety related conditions of life is that people just expect everything to be so safe they do not have to even think about it. And I am not joking.

>>Many heritage railways have always prevented the ability to stick your head out.<<

I have been on quite few and have never seen such a thing. Which one are you talking about ?

You are confusing people into thinking that window opening has been banned on public timetabled trains.

There is no need as they have gone- no slam door HST's, no 442's. Since the 1980's no carriages have been designed this way.

Hopper and sliding window ventilation openings still survives on our oldest stock-but you cannot get your head through.

The need to open a drop light to open doors was a real problem(aerodynamics, delays, dirt, noise, eye injuries from dirt, water ingress etc.) so the problem has been engineered out over time and there was never a need for a ban.

Of course what you are talking about is mainline private heritage stock and private heritage railways -as does the pre Covid 'evidence' you provide which does not use the word 'ban'. 

This year Ffestiniog, WHR, Snowdon Mountain and Leighton Buzzard lock doors and prevent you sticking your head out.

Last year one of the rakes out of Carnforth as well.

• Thanks 1

In the olden days of slam door trains ( 60s ,70s) typically 15 people a year fell to thier deaths by early opening the doors 

In a massive overreaction they  changed that and the deaths have stopped

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, butlers said:

In the olden days of slam door trains ( 60s ,70s) typically 15 people a year fell to thier deaths by early opening the doors 

In a massive overreaction they  changed that and the deaths have stopped

But was it proportionate?