COVID THREAD

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is vital, absolutely vital, that supressing society to try (forlornly as it happens) and suppress a virus never ever happens again. And certainly not for one which 99% of people survived even before vaccines and the average age of death was actually higher than the average age of death in this country. As such, me and Tops reminding people on the negative consequences of that suppression is a vital public service.

Does the amateur "....vital public service" you two provide include encouraging people to lie to health workers? 

Does the amateur "....vital public service" you two provide include discouraging the use of protection provided by vaccination?

Seeking Martyrdom and now recognition for carrying out a Public Duty! Wow!

I can think of several hundred thousand, if not millions, who actually did something to help who are deserving of recognition and the tens of millions who just got on with what they needed to do to protect themselves and others.

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

With all due respect, you haven't answered the question :

And if the answer is yes, when do those people think these measures should be dropped ?

1 - Now ?

2 - When some threshold is reached (and if so what threshold) ?

3 - Never, all visitors to care homes (and the staff) should have to wear a mask and be tested for Covid forever.

I don't give predictions because they may turn out to be meaningless. 

But if you want meaningful answers then you aren't going to get any crystal ball gazers responding to you. Dr Tops might help you. 

He predicted all vaccine users would die by now.....

7 hours ago, melthebell said:

No, youre an extremist, you have an obsessive personality, and like to whinge, youve found a rabbithole, fell down it, and now youre extreme in your "wrong" views, but your obsession keeps you banging on about it incessantly.

Coming from someone who does not think it is a basic human right to be able to meet anyone you want whenever you want to, you are in no position to tell anyone they are an extremist.

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Does the amateur "....vital public service" you two provide include encouraging people to lie to health workers? 

Does the amateur "....vital public service" you two provide include discouraging the use of protection provided by vaccination?

Seeking Martyrdom and now recognition for carrying out a Public Duty! Wow!

I can think of several hundred thousand, if not millions, who actually did something to help who are deserving of recognition and the tens of millions who just got on with what they needed to do to protect themselves and others.

I don't know what you are talking about, but I would say it is exceptionally arrogant of you to think you should be the ultimate arbiter of if anyone is sufficiently upset by wearing a  face mask to "deserve" an exemption.

Fortunately facemasks are no longer legally mandated any where, whatever you may think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chekov said : With all due respect, you haven't answered the question :

And if the answer is yes, when do those people think these measures should be dropped ?

1 - Now ?

2 - When some threshold is reached (and if so what threshold) ?

3 - Never, all visitors to care homes (and the staff) should have to wear a mask and be tested for Covid forever.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

But if you want meaningful answers then you aren't going to get any crystal ball gazers responding to you...

With all due respect, I did not ask for a prediction, I asked you what has to change for you to think care homes should get back to normal.

And you failed t answer the question.

This is no surprise because right through this Pandemic nightmare I have repeatedly asked suppressionists what has to change for us to get back to normal (e.g. what has the death rate per infection got to drop to, or what has the %age vaccinated got to be for us to get back to normal), and they almost never answer the question......

Edited by Chekhov

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Coming from someone who does not think it is a basic human right to be able to meet anyone you want whenever you want to, you are in no position to tell anyone they are an extremist.

LOL that peach again, tell me where it is

https://www.news18.com/news/lifestyle/human-rights-day-2021-what-are-the-10-basic-human-rights-one-must-know-4537706.html

tell me where it is

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/your-rights/the-human-rights-act/

But if you boil it down to the basic, im sure youve heard the term Food, Clothes and Shelter?

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I don't know what you are talking about, but I would say it is exceptionally arrogant of you to think you should be the ultimate arbiter of if anyone is sufficiently upset by wearing a  face mask to "deserve" an exemption.

Fortunately facemasks are no longer legally mandated any where, whatever you may think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chekov said : With all due respect, you haven't answered the question :

1 - Now ?

2 - When some threshold is reached (and if so what threshold) ?

3 - Never, all visitors to care homes (and the staff) should have to wear a mask and be tested for Covid forever.

With all due respect, I did not ask for a prediction, I asked you what has to change for you to think care homes should get back to normal.

And you failed t answer the question.

This is no surprise because right through this Pandemic nightmare I have repeatedly asked suppressionists what has to change for us to get back to normal (e.g. what has the death rate per infection got to drop to, or what has the %age vaccinated got to be for us to get back to normal), and they almost never answer the question......

I'm not a suppressionist and it's just a made up term. When you are asking for answers to things that haven't happened, it's a prediction.

But care homes are back to normal. Just like hospitals, blood donor centres, dentists, doctor's etc. An additional precautionary measure does not mean less care. 

Plain and simple, you don't want people wearing masks. Well tough because it's happening whether you agree or not

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What I think is that you are confused.

No mention has been made by me regarding  "... facemasks are no longer legally mandated  any where(sic)...".

I'll repeat that the recent two letters from the RHH and NGH refer to mask wearing as being "requested".

My latest appointment letter for a specific NGH clinic actually says "needed".

Like most people I do not want to wear a mask but thanks to you and your 'public duty' I can with a clear conscience lie to the health workers and my fellow patients about having an "exemption".  On second thoughts...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delayed said:

But if you want meaningful answers then you aren't going to get any crystal ball gazers responding to you. Dr Tops might help you. 

He predicted all vaccine users would die by now.....

Could you provide a link to where I said that please (clue - you won't because I never said it).

It's odd how we don't seem to be getting the medical emergencies stopping football games in the last couple of months that the gullible claimed have always happened, seemed to be a fair few after the pre/post Christmas booster push though, funny dat!!

Guest sibon
19 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Could you provide a link to where I said that please (clue - you won't because I never said it).

It's odd how we don't seem to be getting the medical emergencies stopping football games in the last couple of months that the gullible claimed have always happened, seemed to be a fair few after the pre/post Christmas booster push though, funny dat!!

I see that it is dead cat time again for Tops.

A couple of days ago it was Bill Gates. Not long before that it was the legendary 9 pages of Pfizer. Before that we had footballers (again)and before that we had myocarditis, anal fissures and  bursitis. And on. And on.

Stay tuned for the next installment of US Alt Right News, faithfully rebroadcast to a UK audience on Tops FM.

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

Do you think fit and healthy footballers had the “Christmas Booster “ ? 

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I see that it is dead cat time again for Tops.

A couple of days ago it was Bill Gates. Not long before that it was the legendary 9 pages of Pfizer. Before that we had footballers (again)and before that we had myocarditis, anal fissures and  bursitis. And on. And on.

Stay tuned for the next installment of US Alt Right News, faithfully rebroadcast to a UK audience on Tops FM.

Insanity 

I went to the N.G.H. yesterday to visit a friend and we had to sign in and out, wear face masks, gloves and an apron. If not we would not get into the ward.  

Guest sibon
7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Insanity 

Fling enough mud at the wall and hope so.e sticks.

Then run around shouting "I told you so".

12 hours ago, top4718 said:

Some questions for Dr Tops to ponder

Have people stopped having the vaccine?

Has the football season almost ended, less matches less medical incidents?

Has collapses at football grounds actually stopped and you just didn't notice?