COVID THREAD

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Last sentence . Stop being silly 

You only have to read back over this thread to see I'm not being, blatant disregard for any issues that lockdowns etc caused as long as you didn't catch the "deadly" virus.

• Thanks 1

Guest sibon
8 hours ago, top4718 said:

Not seen the full story but the Bill Gates/Guardian/breastfeeding story looks interesting though not at all surprising.

You clearly haven't seen the full story. If you had, I doubt that you'd be raising it. Maybe check things out yourself in future,  instead of blindly recycling  conspiracy theories.

Nice to see you appreciating the Guardian though.

I think we should all be very concerned at any possibility that the UK may sign up to the WHO "pandemic preparedness treaty".

Basically this takes way much of our powers when it comes to how this country responds to a pandemic and hands them to the WHO.

Fortunately I do not think any Tory government will sign up, but it is entirely possibly a Labour government might, one more reason why O will never vote Labour again.

Do not sign any WHO Pandemic Treaty unless it is approved via public referendum

The only problem I have with that petition is the referendum aspect of it. I am not generally in favour of referendums, particularly over anything to do with Covid, given how easily so many of the Great British public have been brainwashed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chekhov said:
I am merely quoting the gov.uk website.
Complain to them if you think they are merely quoting "gobbledygook"
18 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I was talking about your post , not what you quoted 

I repeat, I was merely quoting the gov.uk website......

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon
30 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think we should all be very concerned at any possibility that the UK may sign up to the WHO "pandemic preparedness treaty".

Basically this takes way much of our powers when it comes to how this country responds to a pandemic and hands them to the WHO.

You see, the thing about pandemics is ...

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Fortunately I do not think any Tory government will sign up, but it is entirely possibly a Labour government might, one more reason why O will never vote Labour again.

The Government should follow your advice and sign it and then lie about having an "exemption", as they are going to do over the Northern Ireland Protocol- it is so easy to lie once you start.

I do agree with your view on referenda as we have recently seen "...the Great British public have been brainwashed" when lied to by the same Tories, as now, on Brexit. Or is that somehow different?

1 hour ago, sibon said:

You see, the thing about pandemics is ...

They generate massive over reactions which achieve very little and for a massive social cost ?

21 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The Government should follow your advice and sign it and then lie about having an "exemption", as they are going to do over the Northern Ireland Protocol- it is so easy to lie once you start.

I do agree with your view on referenda as we have recently seen "...the Great British public have been brainwashed" when lied to by the same Tories, as now, on Brexit. Or is that somehow different?

My advice is not to sign it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Chekhov

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

My advice is not to sign it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I am suggesting that your way of dealing with medical matters is much easier and avoids taking responsibility.

Remember when you said "You do not have to wear a mask in a hospital, even if you are asked you just say you have an exemption and it is dropped instantly no problem. I'm talking from experience.

You could suggest to the Government that they sign the agreement and then lie and say they have an "exemption". Then any challenges by the co-signers would be "...dropped instantly no problem." 

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am not concerned at all.

It sounds preferable to the Tory “totally unprepared policy and cost cutting”of the last 10 years which led to the waste of billions of pounds playing catch up.

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

The only problem I have with that petition is the referendum aspect of it. I am not generally in favour of referendums, particularly over anything to do with Covid, given how easily so many of the Great British public have been brainwashed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chekhov said:
I am merely quoting the gov.uk website.
Complain to them if you think they are merely quoting "gobbledygook"

I repeat, I was merely quoting the gov.uk website......

The funny thing about this pandemic was, we weren't prepared for it, the government had already had 11 pandemic and epidemic exercises between 2015 and 19 but kept them secret and ignored the results.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1501

I do think there should be a joined up global agreement on pandemic actions as this pandemic has shown, its global, not insular. Your post just sounds like the usual patriotic right wing brexit bobbins

Edited by melthebell

Guest sibon
6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

They generate massive over reactions which achieve very little and for a massive social cost ?

Part of the preparation for future pandemics will be to analyse what we've just done. Part of that analysis will be to test your statement (or one like it) to see if it has any truth to it.

I'd have thought you would approve of such a move.

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

I am not concerned at all.

It sounds preferable to the Tory “totally unprepared policy and cost cutting”of the last 10 years which led to the waste of billions of pounds playing catch up.

You, as a suppressionist, happy, on balance, for society to be suppressed, would say that because you assume, probably correctly, that the WHO would be more likely to demand draconian measures than our own government would. Particularly if it were a Tory government because they tend to value freedom of the individual more than Labour do..

37 minutes ago, sibon said:

Part of the preparation for future pandemics will be to analyse what we've just done. Part of that analysis will be to test your statement (or one like it) to see if it has any truth to it.

I'd have thought you would approve of such a move.

I am unconvinced if the enquiry will put enough emphasis on the social and economic damage.

It is very unfortunate that the Ukraine has been invaded (quite apart from the obvious reasons) because those who want suppression to be seen as a correct course (and, in fact wanted even more of it) will blame that for the economic disaster that is befalling us, when in reality it was happening anyway because of the Covid suppression strategy.