COVID THREAD

Guest makapaka
23 hours ago, melthebell said:

Because of no vaccination, like I said its either lies or truth. But being North Korea we will never know the truth completely.

Still wouldn’t mean everyone was at risk would it?

most of uk won’t have had a vaccine for months either.

Update about where we could go on holiday in Europe that is normal, from a travel agent we use (or used to use when we could travel freely) :

There’s nothing official yet about masks not being required from the 1st June [in Greece], but that is what they are aiming for.

These are the current requirements;

It is mandatory to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces, in all areas of Greece. In certain areas, such as in supermarkets and pharmacies, and on public transport, you will be required to wear either double masks (at least one of which should be surgical), or an N95/FFP2 mask.

Deaths per million population (as at 15 May 2022) :

UK (no mask mandate since July 2021 and no where near as draconian as Greece's at any time) = 2578

Greece = 2861

Edited by Chekhov

So Greece is out then?

Together with China and North Korea.

Edited by RJRB

49 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Update about where we could go on holiday in Europe that is normal, from a travel agent we use (or used to use when we could travel freely) :

There’s nothing official yet about masks not being required from the 1st June [in Greece], but that is what they are aiming for.

These are the current requirements;

It is mandatory to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces, in all areas of Greece. In certain areas, such as in supermarkets and pharmacies, and on public transport, you will be required to wear either double masks (at least one of which should be surgical), or an N95/FFP2 mask.

UK (no mask mandate since July 2021 and no where near as draconian as Greece's at any time) = 2578

Greece = 2861

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

So Greece is out then?

Together with China and North Korea.

I am not going anywhere that I have to wear a mask.

But, I think you are ignoring the more significant point from my post, masks are largely ineffective at preventing Covid deaths :

Greece = 2861

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But, I think you are ignoring the more significant point from my post, masks are largely ineffective at preventing Covid deaths :

Greece = 2861

You keep making the same point about masks .  Most places in England don't require a mask and their are lots of countries you can go to that don't. I don't know why you're getting worked up over somewhere you're not going to visit.  I don't see how the rules in Greece effect you.

Guest sibon
11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I went to Whitby last week. No masks required there.

So, your problem is solved.

19 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

You keep making the same point about masks .  Most places in England don't require a mask and their are lots of countries you can go to that don't. I don't know why you're getting worked up over somewhere you're not going to visit.  I don't see how the rules in Greece effect you.

Genuine question, which ones ? And I mean no masks anywhere.

We were thinking fo going to Greece, so it does (did) affect us.

14 minutes ago, sibon said:

Hope he doesn’t need to go to Hospital 

18 minutes ago, sibon said:

Whitby is lovely, but I don't fancy swimming in the sea there, even if one could cope with the cold water And even if there were any fish to see you'd be doing well to see them through all the murky water.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Hope he doesn’t need to go to Hospital 

You do not have to wear a mask in a hospital, even if you are asked you just say you have an exemption and it is dropped instantly no problem. I'm talking from experience.

Edited by Chekhov

MrMeltman said : 

the clues in the title...basic [human right]

It doesn't include meeting your mates in the pub, or somebody in Australia

here we go, your OBSESSION with Covid and lockdowns, its NOT a BASIC human right to go wherever you want, and meet who you like, you can live pretty comfortably without, just because you think you can, again its purely a selfish attitude

Nobody said it was a basic human right to do anything you want, you said it was not a basic human right to be able to meet your friends down the pub, or wherever you wanted to meet them. I say it is, and so would most people.

And it is not selfish at all, certainly when 99% of people survived a Covid infection, even before vaccines, and the average age of death was 83......

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Whitby is lovely, but I don't fancy swimming in the sea there, even if one could cope with the cold water And even if there were any fish to see you'd be doing well to see them through all the murky water.

You do not have to wear a mask in a hospital, even if you are asked you just say you have an exemption and it is dropped instantly no problem. I'm talking from experience.

If you are exempt then that is O.K but if you are not you are telling lies. That is not O.K. 

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Genuine question, which ones ? And I mean no masks anywhere.

We were thinking fo going to Greece, so it does (did) affect us.

I've never seen someone get so worked up over a mask. It's all you seem to talk about.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/travel/destinations/want-to-travel-mask-free-these-countries-have-waived-mandatory-mask-rule/photostory/89921505.cms