COVID THREAD

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

When to wear a face covering:
when there are a lot of respiratory viruses circulating, such as in winter, and you will be in close contact with other people in crowded and enclosed spaces
[i.e. you should wear a mask in winter]

and in the other article :

Prof Christina Pagel, of University College London, believes mask wearing should be reintroduced in winter.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

Nowhere does that suggest masks will be forced upon people. 

So what does it suggest ?

Edited by Chekhov

That there are a variety of opinions on the subject ,as contained in the article.

Some people will choose to wear masks through the summer and over the winter.Only the government of the day (Conservatives) can impose this restriction if they consider it necessary at any time,which at the moment seems unlikely.

But who knows what tomorrow may bring?

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

So what does it suggest ?

It suggests that the government/NHS will advise upon mask wearing.

No one is going to force it upon everyone like a legal requirement. 

Honestly, you make things up and wind yourself up over it. At least wait for things to happen before frothing at the mouth

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

Honestly, you make things up and wind yourself up over it. At least wait for things to happen before frothing at the mouth

I think he's so far in he can't stop.

More good news :

Covid mask rules relaxed for EU air travel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61413015
Face masks will no longer have to be worn on flights and in airports in EU countries from next Monday, according to new official guidance.
The move is in line with changing anti-Covid policies on public transport across Europe, said the EU Aviation Safety Agency (Easa).
Rules have been relaxed in countries including France, Italy and Bulgaria.

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

More good news :

Covid mask rules relaxed for EU air travel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61413015
Face masks will no longer have to be worn on flights and in airports in EU countries from next Monday, according to new official guidance.
The move is in line with changing anti-Covid policies on public transport across Europe, said the EU Aviation Safety Agency (Easa).
Rules have been relaxed in countries including France, Italy and Bulgaria.

Good to see that you are accentuating the positive and eliminating the negative from this news item .

Onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

Good to see that you are accentuating the positive and eliminating the negative from this news item .

Onwards and upwards.

In what way ?

On 10/05/2022 at 19:55, Delayed said:

Do I have your guarantee on that ?

If so I'll relax.

Bearing in mind the consistently massive over reaction from the government between March 2020 and July 2021, and then from Dec 2021 to about Feb 2022,  am not as confident as you are.

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

In what way ?

If so I'll relax.

Bearing in mind the consistently massive over reaction from the government between March 2020 and July 2021, and then from Dec 2021 to about Feb 2022,  am not as confident as you are.

I think you need to look at yourself regarding over reactions in everything you read

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I think you need to look at yourself regarding over reactions in everything you read

And every thread :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

In what way ?

If so I'll relax.

If my guarantee makes you feel any better then sure. 

23 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

I think he's so far in he can't stop.

I think you need to look in the mirror.

Latest ONS data shows no significant infection risk reduction from the second jab or the booster, you really have been sold a pup.

I never thought i'd agree with Russel Brand but he stated that no one should profit from an emergency vaccine or one that was mandated and he's 100% right (he could have added one that actually works as well tbh).

41 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I think you need to look in the mirror.

Latest ONS data shows no significant infection risk reduction from the second jab or the booster, you really have been sold a pup.

I never thought i'd agree with Russel Brand but he stated that no one should profit from an emergency vaccine or one that was mandated and he's 100% right (he could have added one that actually works as well tbh).

Why are you now looking at ONS data? 

Surely it's corrupt and influenced by a government wide conspiracy with unspoken forces at work?

Or is it that the ONS data now shows your viewpoint and is now credible? 

Actually, don't bother replying because I don't care either way