COVID THREAD

4 hours ago, Delayed said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you....

Confirmation Bias at its finest.

Outstanding

Some think that addressing people as "Ladies and Gentlemen", is showing bias these days. 

We don't want to offend anybody, do we?  :)

59 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Some think that addressing people as "Ladies and Gentlemen", is showing bias these days. 

We don't want to offend anybody, do we?  :)

Absolutely and if anyone has a problem they can message me privately. 

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

strangely enough over the past couple of weeks, i cant remember when, an expert was also in the news saying masks definitely work, it goes both ways, depends what side of the fence youre on for which you believe. I didnt bother posting it...as frankly i couldnt be arsed.

How true.

When he said masks definitely work, how well was he saying they work ?

Exactly what percentage of infections are they supposed to stop ?

And if they work so well, how come Scotland's Covid figures (for the period they were masked and we in England were not) were actually worse than ours ? :

England : No mask mandate 19th July to 30th Nov 21, no vaccine passport until the 10th Dec (and then rather half arsed).
Scotland : Mask mandate in force throughout, vaccine passport since 1st Oct (enforced since 18th Oct)
Wales : Mask mandate throughout, vaccine passport since 11th Oct

Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test per million popn (on 3rd Dec 21, the last date for which the change in England's mandate could have had any effect)
England : 103.7
Scotland : 118.5
Wales : 141.3

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive Covid test
Last date for which full data was available is 26 Nov for Eng and Scot, and 25 Nov for Wales.
Number of deaths 7 day average / per million popn =
England = 95.4 / 1.69
Scotland = 10.6 / 1.93
Wales = 5.7 / 1.78

Populations : Eng = 56.4m, Scotland = 5.5m, Wales = 3.2m
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=nation&areaName=England

Edited by Chekhov

34 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

How true.

When he said masks definitely work, how well was he saying they work ?

Exactly what percentage of infections are they supposed to stop ?

And if they work so well, how come Scotland's Covid figures (for the period they were masked and we in England were not) were actually worse than ours ? :

England : No mask mandate 19th July to 30th Nov 21, no vaccine passport until the 10th Dec (and then rather half arsed).
Scotland : Mask mandate in force throughout, vaccine passport since 1st Oct (enforced since 18th Oct)
Wales : Mask mandate throughout, vaccine passport since 11th Oct

Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test per million popn (on 3rd Dec 21, the last date for which the change in England's mandate could have had any effect)
England : 103.7
Scotland : 118.5
Wales : 141.3

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive Covid test
Last date for which full data was available is 26 Nov for Eng and Scot, and 25 Nov for Wales.
Number of deaths 7 day average / per million popn =
England = 95.4 / 1.69
Scotland = 10.6 / 1.93
Wales = 5.7 / 1.78

Populations : Eng = 56.4m, Scotland = 5.5m, Wales = 3.2m
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=nation&areaName=England

you can post those stats as often as you like they are meaningless, theres plenty more factors that come into play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

you can post those stats as often as you like they are meaningless, theres plenty more factors that come into play

As meaningless as his thoughts that the swimming pools should not have closed as the water was chlorinated or that masks are only worn in hospitals as a protection against bodily fluids.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Delayed said:

Absolutely and if anyone has a problem they can message me privately. 

Oooooooooh handbags 🤣

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

strangely enough over the past couple of weeks, i cant remember when, an expert was also in the news saying masks definitely work, it goes both ways, depends what side of the fence youre on for which you believe. I didnt bother posting it...as frankly i couldnt be arsed.

I don't need a study to tell me that a mask that wouldn't be acceptable or work in stopping particles of dust will effectively stop microscopic virus particles, a five year old could deduce that.

2.7million people have now joined the cancer treatment backlog as a result of needless lockdowns, the ones that were for them were the unselfish ones though apparently. 🙄

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Oooooooooh handbags 

Not really. Instead of someone perceiving there to be a problem I'd sooner be told there is a problem, which can be done via PM. 

13 minutes ago, butlers said:

The age old question to any statements like this - with or of?

I saw the people who've bought this nonsense described as the Branch Covidian earlier, very good and very pertinent. 😆

Edited by top4718

25 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The age old question to any statements like this - with or of?

I saw the people who've bought this nonsense described as the Branch Covidian earlier, very good and very pertinent. 😆

Your struggling to post now . Before, talking about cancer treatment  , now talking about with or of . 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Your struggling to post now . Before, talking about cancer treatment  , now talking about with or of . 

With or of is probably the biggest factor that's been used in keeping the gullible on side with this absolute sham.