COVID THREAD

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Theres zero social distancing, no masks, very basic cleanliness and no Covid, its great.

It's also generally outside, so it's no surprise, whereas my jobs mostly in doors and in the faces of customers from all over the UK

Guest sibon
On 17/03/2022 at 12:37, top4718 said:

South Korea, one of the most highly vaxxed, strictly restricted and mask friendly places in the world has just seen a huge rise in cases with some deaths, the increase was by far the biggest one-day increase recorded so far, they have over 86% fully vaccinated and were cited by US health researcher Devi Sridhar (chair of Global Public Health at Edinburgh University) as a shining example on how to deal with a pandemic (Guardian boy can confirm this as her article was in the rag he reads). Vaccines work though eh!!

Devi Sridhar is excellent. I'm pleased that you are finally accessing some reliable sources. Much better than copy/pasting nonsense from Cletus of Wyoming.

Here's her latest piece. Well worth a read and a think:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/24/scientists-wrong-covid-virus-experts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

8 hours ago, sibon said:

Devi Sridhar is excellent. I'm pleased that you are finally accessing some reliable sources. Much better than copy/pasting nonsense from Cletus of Wyoming.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/24/scientists-wrong-covid-virus-experts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

" Cletus of Wyoming "  😂😂😂

22 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Outside, small gangs of maybe 3 or 4, 6 at a push. Proper chance of catching covid there. You my friend are a hero.

We rarely do any jobs outside and work on sites where 5 or 6 different trades are involved so anywhere between 5 and 20 people at one time, working in close proximity and having breaks together, some travel in the same vehicle, haven't had anyone off with covid since summer 2020. You clearly haven't a clue.

12 hours ago, melthebell said:

It's also generally outside, so it's no surprise, whereas my jobs mostly in doors and in the faces of customers from all over the UK

As I replied to someone above, our work is rarely outside, we mostly work in offices, colleges and schools.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

" Cletus of Wyoming "  😂😂😂

Isn't the bloke who's been wrong on almost everything hilarious, he's been believing Boris of England, I'll stick with Cletus.

Here's a strange one, Nigeria only 4% of the population 206m vaccinated yet only just over 3k deaths.

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

We rarely do any jobs outside and work on sites where 5 or 6 different trades are involved so anywhere between 5 and 20 people at one time, working in close proximity and having breaks together, some travel in the same vehicle, haven't had anyone off with covid since summer 2020. You clearly haven't a clue.

As I replied to someone above, our work is rarely outside, we mostly work in offices, colleges and schools.

Ahh the easy stuff, that makes sense for you. Never had you down for the trench work up to DPC etc. 5 to 20 people is nothing, thank you for more or less confirming what I said/thought.

Just now, Dardandec said:

Ahh the easy stuff, that makes sense for you. Never had you down for the trench work up to DPC etc. 5 to 20 people is nothing, thank you for more or less confirming what I said/thought.

Call it what you like I really don't care, trench work is mostly done by machine so hardly difficult, if 20 people in close proximity is "nothing" are you confirming that the OTT restrictions we had were not needed, your not very good at this.

11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Call it what you like I really don't care, trench work is mostly done by machine so hardly difficult, if 20 people in close proximity is "nothing" are you confirming that the OTT restrictions we had were not needed, your not very good at this.

Coming into contact with 20 people in a working environment is nothing, think shop workers. You say between 5 and 20, how many times are there actually 20? I'll bet few and far between. It's you who doesn't actually know what you are on about. You keep proving that on this thread well done :).

27 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Coming into contact with 20 people in a working environment is nothing, think shop workers. You say between 5 and 20, how many times are there actually 20? I'll bet few and far between. It's you who doesn't actually know what you are on about. You keep proving that on this thread well done :).

So if 20 is fine, why did we have a rule of six, why bother with face coverings etc, your totally unravelling everything the gullible have spent pages and pages arguing over to try and point score 🤣🤡

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Isn't the bloke who's been wrong on almost everything hilarious, he's been believing Boris of England, I'll stick with Cletus.

Here's a strange one, Nigeria only 4% of the population 206m vaccinated yet only just over 3k deaths.

Nigeria is full of billionaires who can afford good medical care... surely you already have email and know this? 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, sibon said:

That article is written by someone who is almost completely ignoring the massive social cost of the suppression policies. This is the reason why it has never been tried before, and, hopefully, will never be  tried again. Certainly for a virus with a 99% survival rate and an average age of death of about 83.

From that article :

He also was cynical that vaccines or treatments could be developed in any timeframe that would affect the trajectory of the pandemic.

The majority of scientists were of that view at the time :

(22 May 20) Why we might not get a coronavirus vaccine, politicians have become more cautious about immunisation prospects. They are right to be
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/why-we-might-not-get-a-coronavirus-vaccine
One in three ‘unlikely to take Covid vaccine’
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/one-in-three-unlikely-to-take-covid-vaccine

The pandemic has been like seeing something coming through the fog – but being unsure of the contours or exact characteristics of what was approaching.

This is rubbish. What is surprising is the death rate per infection and the people who are actually at risk (and just as importantly who was NOT at risk) has hardly changed at all. The graphic below was from March 2020 :

BBC-News-Imperial-college-SAGE-Covid-dea

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

That article is written by someone who is almost completely ignoring the massive social cost of the suppression policies. This is the reason why it has never been tried before, and, hopefully, will never be  tried again. Certainly for a virus with a 99% survival rate and an average age of death of about 83.

From that article :

He also was cynical that vaccines or treatments could be developed in any timeframe that would affect the trajectory of the pandemic.

The majority of scientists were of that view at the time :

(22 May 20) Why we might not get a coronavirus vaccine, politicians have become more cautious about immunisation prospects. They are right to be
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/why-we-might-not-get-a-coronavirus-vaccine
One in three ‘unlikely to take Covid vaccine’
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/one-in-three-unlikely-to-take-covid-vaccine

The pandemic has been like seeing something coming through the fog – but being unsure of the contours or exact characteristics of what was approaching.

This is rubbish. What is surprising is the death rate per infection and the people who are actually at risk (and just as importantly who was NOT at risk) has hardly changed at all. The graphic below was from March 2020 :

BBC-News-Imperial-college-SAGE-Covid-dea

No, the article was written by someone explain that there's some on all sides of the debate, that includes those against lockdowns, masks etc