COVID THREAD

5 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

See my earlier comment about these "fact" sites, totally unreliable.

7 minutes ago, RJRB said:

@topQuite possibly

Very much like the fashion for quality control standards ,risk assessments and other rules and regulations which monetise basic common sense rules.

Risk assessments are a scam, what they basically do is put the onus on the individual so big companies are not liable, they don't care if you fall off a scaffold as long as they don't get the blame for it.

43 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So wearing something that you think is giving you protection but isn't is a good thing??? Really??? Are they not more likely to go into busy places and closer to people as they are convinced the mask is protecting them? Negative effect and probably explains why places with mask mandates still had rising case numbers.

The genuine case for mask wearing by the general public was never based upon protection for the wearer.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You posted a photo that could have easily been done on Photoshop.  And you don't like the fact sites because they prove you're wrong.  There are several other sites that say The Met have not opened an investigation.

3 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

You posted a photo that could have easily been done on Photoshop.  And you don't like the fact sites because they prove you're wrong.  There are several other sites that say The Met have not opened an investigation.

I didn't provide any photo it was someone else, I don't like fact sites because they are misleading garbage to sate the gullible.

Just now, top4718 said:

I didn't provide any photo it was someone else, I don't like fact sites because they are misleading garbage to sate the gullible.

Oh yes sorry it was another user.

5 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

The genuine case for mask wearing by the general public was never based upon protection for the wearer.

It was never based on anything, this protection for others is a nonsense soundbite put out by the Gov to coerce use, there are masks out there that will give you almost 100% protection but they are cumbersome and have to be correctly fitted.

21 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Risk assessments are a scam, what they basically do is put the onus on the individual so big companies are not liable, they don't care if you fall off a scaffold as long as they don't get the blame for it.

Utter garbage

10 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Utter garbage

Explain why.

On 17/02/2022 at 17:41, RJRB said:

Plenty of instances ,not only on here of those who choose to mock and harass those who choose to wear masks.

As for the Chinese,whether or not they were culpable in any way,I believe that they shared their knowledge of the nature of the virus with the world which enabled the quickest route to vaccines.

Why the argument should be debated as a Left or Right issue is a mystery.

Governments of all stripes have followed a similar pattern

No they haven't. Labour have been even more keen on draconian suppression of our lives and forcing us to wear masks than the Tories. In fact as I am writing this Starmer is on the radio saying we should not be going back to normal.

B******s to Starmer and Labour I say, I will never vote for them again.

Eyup!

What's this all about (as if some of didn't already know,)Lol

"The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects"

(Politics)

"But the C.D.C. has been routinely collecting information since the Covid vaccines were first rolled out last year, according to a federal official familiar with the effort. The agency has been reluctant to make those figures public, the official said, because they might be misinterpreted as the vaccines being ineffective.

(Politics)

"“The C.D.C. is a political organization as much as it is a public health organization,” said Samuel Scarpino, managing director of pathogen surveillance at the Rockefeller Foundation’s Pandemic Prevention Institute. “The steps that it takes to get something like this released are often well outside of the control of many of the scientists that work at the C.D.C.”

https://dnyuz.com/2022/02/20/the-c-d-c-isnt-publishing-large-portions-of-the-covid-data-it-collects/

You can't have the truth, because somebody may "misinterpret" it?

And still the sheep insist that those who make the decisions know best!

Lol

38 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

yup, he doesnt like fact checking sites as they do research and always prove him wrong with facts, he doesnt like that happening

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

No they haven't. Labour have been even more keen on draconian suppression of our lives and forcing us to wear masks than the Tories. In fact as I am writing this Starmer is on the radio saying we should not be going back to normal.

B******s to Starmer and Labour I say, I will never vote for them again.

Labours not in government