COVID THREAD

11 hours ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Wrong. They held it back until after the election purposely so Biden would get the credit.

That turned out well 

LOL, changing history again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55305720

tell me who is mentioned as President in this again, tell you what i'll give you a clue

"First Vaccine Administered. Congratulations USA! Congratulations WORLD!" President Donald Trump tweeted on Monday morning following the news from New York.

and another hint

Senior members of the Trump administration had been due to be some of the first in line, but President Trump said he had reversed that plan.

He tweeted on Sunday that people working at the White House "should receive the vaccine somewhat later... unless specifically necessary".

Biden does get a mention however

US President-elect Joe Biden, who will be inaugurated as president on 20 January, has set a goal of 100 million Covid vaccinations in his first 100 days in office.

Edited by melthebell

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Haha the Guardian reader pipes up, offers absolutely nothing to prove what he says, zero, zilch, nada just arrogance and the dim give it the thumbs up 🤣 no wonder the Government have had this easy.

For the record on masks worn by the majority, I have been proven right, they don't work, never have never will and he can produce nothing to counter that, tell him to stick his post where the sun don't shine.

I don't need to "buy freedoms" they were never anyone's to take away.

Well said, Tops!

14 hours ago, melthebell said:

Nope, i dont think ive ever had an opinion it it, i leave that to the science and those that need to make a decision. i have however posted about masks in schools which i dont really have a(n issue with

62,000 posts, and you don't have an opinion on child vaccination?

That's odd!

But I understand the mindset that leaves the decision on experimental injections to science and those that need to make a decision, aka politicians.

Problem with that is that scientists have been, and still are, divided on the issue, and as for politicians, well...

15 minutes ago, trastrick said:

62,000 posts, and you don't have an opinion on child vaccination?

That's odd!

But I understand the mindset that leaves the decision on experimental injections to science and those that need to make a decision, aka politicians.

Problem with that is that scientists have been, and still are, divided on the issue, and as for politicians, well...

its not odd, i dont waffle about everything, im not a know it all unlike some on here, im not obsessive, like some on here, i dont live and breathe Covid conversations, unlike some on here

11 hours ago, top4718 said:

Haha the Guardian reader pipes up, offers absolutely nothing to prove what he says, zero, zilch, nada just arrogance and the dim give it the thumbs up 🤣 no wonder the Government have had this easy.

For the record on masks worn by the majority, I have been proven right, they don't work, never have never will and he can produce nothing to counter that, tell him to stick his post where the sun don't shine.

I don't need to "buy freedoms" they were never anyone's to take away.

Said with no sense of irony from a poster who constantly floats his theories with no evidence.

The latest being James Maddison 

Guest sibon
26 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Said with no sense of irony from a poster who constantly floats his theories with no evidence.

The latest being James Maddison 

I could evidence everything I write, but evidence is out of fashion on this thread, so why bother.

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

Yes it is interesting and it reflects how there can be unexpected beneficial spin offs from research plus of course what can be achieved if funds are available.

In the past there have been many instances of drugs that have been developed for a particular complaint then being found useful in another direction.

Putin seemed unimpressed,but there again he did support his campaign.

Dementia Joe turned out to be a better pal

He gave them Crimea, Syria and now according to Joe, the attack on the rest of Ukraine is "imminent"

He lifted sanctions on the Russian gas pipeline, which his NATO "allies" need!

What did Trump ever do for Russia? 

41 minutes ago, melthebell said:

its not odd, i dont waffle about everything, im not a know it all unlike some on here, im not obsessive, like some on here, i dont live and breathe Covid conversations, unlike some on here

You'll waffle with the politicians if you leave serious matters to "those who have to decide"!  :)

You don't have to "know it all".

We know all politicians lie, you have to choose your sources carefully.

In the end, the truth is always out there somewhere!

Edited by trastrick

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Just for clarity I have Never read the Guardian. I have said many times on this forum that I don’t read newspapers apart from occasionally seeing the Sheffield Star . So that’s another thing you are wrong about . No arrogance here . Agreeing  with another poster is not arrogant . Arrogance is saying “ I was right , I was right “ without a shred of evidence 

I wasn't referring to you I was referring to the arrogant person you quoted who's whole arguments amount "I'm right, your wrong" with nothing to back it up, hence the reason I blocked him.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'm right, your wrong" with nothing to back it up

:hihi:

4 hours ago, Delayed said:

So 3 people who aren't medical or scientific are more important that the Vaccine developers or our own chief medical and scientific officer's who haven't said that it prevents transmission?

No one has been injected with experimental pharma junk and it's just you making things up.

Ah great disclaimer

'I didn't say that thing but if I did say that thing, then I was joking' 

The CEO of Pfizer said it as well, I love how the President of the US saying this on National TV is dismissed so casually, its like on The Office when David Brent told his staff they wouldn't lose their jobs in the proposed merger, when he was told by the regional manager that this wasn't true and he shouldn't have said it he replied "they won't remember" 🤣 comedy gold.

No disclaimer, if you can find what you claim i've said and the context is serious then I'll take it back if it was clearly said as a joke I won't, have you found it yet can't be too difficult.

Edited by top4718

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

its like on The Office when David Brent told his staff they wouldn't lose their jobs in the proposed merger, when he was told by the regional manager that this wasn't true and he shouldn't have said it he replied "they won't remember" 🤣 comedy gold.

I think we just hit a new low in terms of serious debate.