hepatitis B x3

Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b) x3

polio x4

tetanus x4

whooping cough (pertussis)x4

MenigitisB x3

MMR x2

'Flu now every year

TB jabs were annual in my area when I was young.

The new malaria vaccines need regular boosters.

Travellers and workers abroad may need annual jabs for local diseases.

So the answer to my question was zero, thankyou.

1 minute ago, fools said:

So the answer to my question was zero, thankyou.

This so easy:

diphtheria

hepatitis B

Hib 

polio

tetanus

whooping cough 

contextual avoidance routine still needs some work.

love the single and double quotes though, nice touch. gives the game away though.

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

nowt like having a laugh at the poor guys situation,  

did you wet yourself laughing when there was foot n mouth or mad cow disease?

Edited by steve68

2 minutes ago, steve68 said:

now like having a laugh at the poor guys situation 

did you wet yourself laughing when there was foot n mouth and mad cow disease?

Oh dear. Rough night? 

I was clearly making a joke about convid being replaced by human bird flu. 

But then you know that don't you. Youre feigning outrage for virtue points aren't you. 

Go on. Admit it. No one will think any less of you. 

27 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh dear. Rough night? 

I was clearly making a joke about convid being replaced by human bird flu. 

But then you know that don't you. Youre feigning outrage for virtue points aren't you. 

Go on. Admit it. No one will think any less of you. 

No was a good night hence the late read, finished 2nd tonight, no feigning I feel for the guy, I do the odd volunteering in Sheffield's parks, so have a lot of contact with people who are just like him, they have very little in their lives, other than their animals birds etc, so seeing it as another jolly on SF list of ****e posts is,  annoying so well done. We can add it to the list of it's ok, if it a laugh at someone else's expense.

Edited by steve68

4 hours ago, fools said:

contextual avoidance routine still needs some work.

love the single and double quotes though, nice touch. gives the game away though.

Widen your thinking a little to include other medical advances.Well most people think that they are advances in that they lengthen lives or relieve pain and suffering.

Tablets taken daily.Chemo treatment,Weekly dialysis .and I am  many more procedures that I know nothing about.

Thank heaven for medical advances

A fair proportion of treatments are taken in advance as prevention is better than cure

PS I forgot insulin 

Edited by RJRB

8 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

This forums really gone down the nick.

Yes, it has.  But don't forget: clicks and views are now everything, and it's this sort of carny sideshow of a thread that keeps the forum afloat.  

13 hours ago, redruby said:

Big misunderstandings about Omicron:

1. it’s milder.  No evidence for that. The impact has been less severe due to immunity through vaccination and/or prior infection 

Where did you hear this ? You should not be spreading alarmist misinformation.

There is loads of authoritative info out there but this will do for now :

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-sees-more-evidence-that-omicron-affects-upper-respiratory-tract-2022-01-04/

GENEVA, Jan 4 (Reuters) - More evidence is emerging that the Omicron coronavirus variant is affecting the upper respiratory tract, causing milder symptoms than previous variants and resulting in a "decoupling" in some places between soaring case numbers and low death rates, a World Health Organization official said on Tuesday.

"We are seeing more and more studies pointing out that Omicron is infecting the upper part of the body. Unlike other ones, the lungs who would be causing severe pneumonia," WHO Incident Manager Abdi Mahamud told Geneva-based journalists.

13 hours ago, redruby said:

Big misunderstandings about Omicron:

2. Its milder. Milder does not necessarily mean mild. Like the common cold.  A lot of people have been hospitalised through Omicron 

All viruses (e.g. flu) affect some people more seriously than others, as an example, my 90 year old Aunt had Covid asymptomatically back in Spring 2020 !

The reason a relatively large number of people are in hospital with Omicron is because literally millions of people have it, it's just the numbers.

Of even more significance, most people testing positive for Omicron in hospital with Omicron are actually in for something else. many did not even know they had Omicron :

What’s really going on with Covid deaths data?

Covid deaths are rising sharply in the UK, but an increasing proportion of these are actually due to something else, BBC analysis suggests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60000391

13 hours ago, melthebell said:

yes thankyou, i walked the dog every single day

Is that a lie ?

Have you any proof of that ?

Remembering you accused me of lying and have never provided any proof of it, despite repeated requests.....

Edited by Chekhov

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Which park were you not allowed in ?

Some people, particularly suppressionists, have very short memories...

Do you not remember we were all limited how much time we could spend our of our houses ?

Wasn't it something like you can only go out for exercise 1 hour a  day ? Something like that. I don't actually remember because I wasn't that interested, I just ignored it. 

All the kids play stuff was locked OOU, do you not remember that ? If my lad had wanted to climb over the fence and play with there I'd have said "fine". I also remember how Gregg Fell kept the playground at Hillsborough park closed far longer than playgrounds outside of his "fiefdom", ****er. And it made no soddin' difference, absolutely none whatsoever.

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

No I am not incorrect.

Sweden adopted their initial  policy,which was criticised within that country by some in exactly the same way that every country’s policy has been questioned .

Sweden modified its various measures along the way as did every other country in the light of infections,deaths ,improvements ,vaccine availability,firstly to those most vulnerable and then more widely.

Herd immunity was much discussed at the outset and was soon dismissed as being acceptable by the public and therefore politicians.

My differences with you are that you now know exactly what should have been done along the way and I know it hurts you but I don’t believe that.

Sweden never closed its schools, other than the equivalent of its 6th form for a relatively short time.

I have been 100% consistent about what I'd have done right through this :

This breaks up into three distinct phases.

1 - Early on I'd have been honest with people about what their risk were*, advising (not telling) people over a certain risk to shield and providing all the help possible to do that. We have to remember that back then the "experts" were pessimistic about an effective vaccine (another thing they were wrong about...).

Schools would never have closed.

If possible I'd have treated people vulnerable to Covid in dedicated hospitals where all possible precautions would be taken.

If any care homes had Covid through them and the death rate indicated pretty much all residents had had Covid I'd have got rid of all restrictions in that home so the residents could have had a good life.

People in low risk groups would be encouraged to carry on as normal with no restrictions whatsoever and hopefully catch Covid

2 - From about last November when we had proven vaccines and the flu season was on the way I'd have introduced light touch suppression which, it would have been emphasised would be strictly time limited (see 3).

3 - From the point everyone over 60 had had one jab (and those over 75 or with high vulnerability had had two jabs) all restrictions would have dropped away = completely back to 2019 normal.

From the point everyone over 40 had had two jabs people would have been told it would be in your interest to get Covid now (and not later in the winter). 

I'd have done nothing whatsoever about Omicron.

* In fact I'd have set up an official website where people put all their details in anonymously (age, sex, height, weight, medical conditions etc) and it would have churned out an approximate risk factor. I said this at the time BTW.

Edited by Chekhov